KENNETH MELVIN BAKER
Affiliation: Texas A and M Health Science Center
- The intracellular renin-angiotensin system in the heartRajesh Kumar
Curr Hypertens Rep 11:104-10. 2009..We describe the physiology of the intracellular RAS, potential pathologic roles of intracellular Ang II, and the relevance of the intracellular system in view of recent clinical trials involving various RAS inhibitors...
- Angiotensin type 1a receptor-deficient mice develop diabetes-induced cardiac dysfunction, which is prevented by renin-angiotensin system inhibitorsQian Chen Yong
Division of Molecular Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College of Medicine Scott and White Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, 1901 South First Street, Building 205, Temple, Texas 76504, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 12:169. 2013..In cardiac myocytes, intracellular angiotensin (ANG) II synthesis and actions are ACE and AT1 independent, respectively. However, a role of this system in diabetes-induced organ damage is not clear...
- Intracardiac intracellular angiotensin system in diabetesRajesh Kumar
Division of Molecular Cardiology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76504, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 302:R510-7. 2012..We have discussed the significance of an intracellular RAS in cardiac pathophysiology and implications for potential therapies...
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC HYPERTROPHY BY ANGIOTENSINSKenneth Baker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL SIGNALING PATHWAYS FOR ANGIOTENSIN II IN THE HEARTKenneth Baker; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are important for elucidating angiotensin II mediated actions in target cells and for a more complete understanding of the molecular signaling of the heptahelical superfamily of receptors. ..
- Role of Retinoid Mediated Signaling in Diabetes and Cardiac RemodelingKENNETH MELVIN BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..This may lead to the development of novel strategies for the prevention and treatment of cardiac related diabetic complications. ..