Genomes and Genes
Texas Medical Center
Organization: Texas Medical Center
- Electronic health records to coordinate decision making for complex patients: what can we learn from wiki?Aanand D Naik
Health Decision Making and Communication Program, Houston Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Med Decis Making 30:722-31. 2010..In this paper, the authors characterize these processes and propose a wiki-style communication model to improve coordination of decision making among clinicians using an integrated electronic health record (EHR)...
- PCR for bacterial 16S ribosomal DNA in multiple sclerosis cerebrospinal fluidJw Lindsey
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mult Scler 14:147-52. 2008..We did not detect DNA from any of the groups of bacteria in patients or controls. We conclude that we were unable to find evidence for CNS infection with any of these seven groups of bacteria in MS...
- "My heart is popping out of my chest": left ventricular pseudoaneurysm with systemic arterial embolismH Dokainish
Heart 93:1169. 2007
- Modified dynamic visual acuity tests after acoustic neuroma resectionHelen S Cohen
Bobby R Alford Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Acta Otolaryngol 127:825-8. 2007..These findings may have practical implications for seating design and design of tasks requiring good visual acuity while seated...
- Stability of oleander extract and oleandrin in sera stored in plastic serum separator tubesAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center in Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Ann Clin Biochem 44:485-7. 2007....
- Microarray-based CGH detects chromosomal mosaicism not revealed by conventional cytogeneticsSau W Cheung
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Am J Med Genet A 143:1679-86. 2007..This suggests that aCGH may detect somatic chromosomal mosaicism that would be missed by conventional cytogenetics...
- Cosinor analysis for temperature time series data of long durationNikhil S Padhye
Center for Nursing Research at University of Texas School of Nursing at Houston, Houston, Texas 77225 0334, USA
Biol Res Nurs 9:30-41. 2007..Central values of model parameters are negligibly changed by consideration of the autoregressive nature of residuals...
- A dose-response evaluation of inactivated influenza vaccine given intranasally and intramuscularly to healthy young adultsRobert L Atmar
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Vaccine 25:5367-73. 2007..Nasal IgA antibody responses were more common when vaccine was administered IN; and, when the IN dosage was increased, the primary benefit from IN vaccine over IM vaccine appeared to be greater induction of nasal secretory antibody...
- Lack of evidence for increased genetic loading for autism among families of affected females: a replication from family history data in two large samplesRobin P Goin-Kochel
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
Autism 11:279-86. 2007..Results from both samples did not suggest significant differences in the prevalence of ASD among relatives of affected males versus females...
- Critical role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/CC chemokine ligand 2 in the pathogenesis of ischemic cardiomyopathyNikolaos G Frangogiannis
Section of Cardiovascular Sciences, and DeBakey Heart Center, The Methodist Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 115:584-92. 2007..We hypothesized that MCP-1 may mediate fibrotic remodeling through recruitment of mononuclear cells and direct effects on fibroblasts...
- Diffusion tensor imaging-based tissue segmentation: validation and application to the developing child and adolescent brainKhader M Hasan
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 6431 Fannin Street, MSB 2 100 Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuroimage 34:1497-505. 2007..This approach promises to extend DTI utility to both micro and macrostructural aspects of tissue organization...
- Use of sirolimus to facilitate steroid withdrawal from a cyclosporine regimenB D Kahan
Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Transplant Proc 38:2842-6. 2006..Because sirolimus blocks one of the sites affected by steroids, we sought to examine whether substituting this drug mitigated these toxicities...
- Item response modeling: an evaluation of the children's fruit and vegetable self-efficacy questionnaireKathy Watson
USDA ARS, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Health Educ Res 21:i47-57. 2006..The FVSEQ can be improved by including items at the extreme levels of difficulty. DIF analyses identified areas where IRM can be useful to improve the functioning of measures...
- A history of obesity, or how what was good became ugly and then badGarabed Eknoyan
Renal Section, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 13:421-7. 2006..An enlarging body of evidence, accrued over the past decade, now indicates a direct association of obesity with chronic kidney disease and its outcomes...
- An experimental analysis of memory processingAnthony A Wright
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, 77225, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 88:405-33. 2007..The possibility of using the interference function to separate familiarity vs. recollective memory processing is discussed...
- A method to co-encapsulate gas and drugs in liposomes for ultrasound-controlled drug deliveryShao Ling Huang
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Medical Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:1272-80. 2008..Both diagnostic and therapeutic applications of the method are conceivable...
- Response evaluation of gastrointestinal stromal tumorsHaesun Choi
University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston Texas 77030, USA
Oncologist 13:4-7. 2008..Identifying appropriate treatment response criteria is essential to optimize treatment for patients with GIST...
- Neuromonitor-guided repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysmsAnthony L Estrera
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Texas Medical School Houston, Memorial Hermann Heart and Vascular Institute, Houston, TX, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 140:S131-5; discussion S142-S146. 2010..We report our experience with neuromonitoring-guided thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair...
- Presurgical fentanyl vs caudal block and the incidence of adverse respiratory events in children after orchidopexySamia N Khalil
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030 1503, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 19:1220-5. 2009..v. fentanyl affected the number of children who develop postextubation adverse upper airway respiratory events, (upper airway obstruction, laryngospasm) and/or early postoperative hypoxemia...
- Mechanisms of allostery and membrane attachment in Ras GTPases: implications for anti-cancer drug discoveryAlemayehu A Gorfe
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, 6431 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Med Chem 17:1-9. 2010..A tentative mechanistic picture of Ras signaling that is emerging from these studies will be discussed in connection with allostery and implication for the design of selective anti-cancer drugs...
- Room for (performance) improvement: provider-related factors associated with poor outcomes in massive transfusionBryan A Cotton
Department of Surgery, Center for Translational Injury Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Trauma 67:1004-12. 2009..The purpose of this study was to identify the incidence and impact of MT protocol noncompliance and to intervene in provider-related events associated with poor compliance and outcomes...
- Floating, non-occlusive, mobile aortic thrombus and splenic infarction associated with protein C deficiencySaurabh Sanon
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:1419.e1-3. 2009..This patient was treated surgically with encouraging results...
- Rho kinase-1 mediates cardiac fibrosis by regulating fibroblast precursor cell differentiationSandra B Haudek
DeBakey Heart Center, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, One Baylor Plaza F620, Houston TX 77030, USA
Cardiovasc Res 83:511-8. 2009..Because Rho-associated kinase-1 (ROCK-1) has been implicated in fibrosis and leukocyte TEM, we investigated its involvement in I/RC...
- Transient neurologic dysfunction in migraineRod Foroozan
Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Cullen Eye Institute, 6565 Fannin NC 205, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurol Clin 27:361-78. 2009..The tendency to aura is likely to be influenced by complex genetic and perhaps epigenetic factors...
- Challenges in the evaluation and management of bone and joint infections and the role of new antibiotics for gram positive infectionsSheldon L Kaplan
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 634:111-20. 2009..The role of newer antibiotics such as linezolid and daptomycin for the treatment of CA-MRSA musculoskeletal infections in children needs further study...
- The "fourth dimension" of gene transcriptionBERT W O'MALLEY
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:587-9. 2009....
- Effect of antibacterials on biofilmsSaima Aslam
Section of Infectious Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine, and Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Infect Control 36:S175.e9-11. 2008..Some antibacterials are better than others in treating biofilm-associated bacteria, such as rifampin (in combination with other antibiotics), tigecycline, daptomycin, N-acetylysteine (in combination with tigecycline), and ethanol...
- Implementing an intervention to promote colon cancer screening through e-mail over the Internet: lessons learned from a pilot studyEvelyn C Y Chan
Division of General Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Houston School of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Care 46:S117-22. 2008..Multiple CRCS options may confuse patients and lead to inaction. E-mail between patients and physicians may raise awareness about CRCS and allow physicians to answer questions about test options...
- Diffusion tensor quantification of the macrostructure and microstructure of human midsagittal corpus callosum across the lifespanKhader M Hasan
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
NMR Biomed 21:1094-101. 2008..67; P < 1 x 10(-10)). Our results provide preliminary evidence that diffusion tensor anisotropy in the living CC may be related to the number of small myelinated fibers...
- Transformational, transactional, and passive-avoidant leadership characteristics of a surgical resident cohort: analysis using the multifactor leadership questionnaire and implications for improving surgical education curriculumsIrwin B Horwitz
Department of Management Policy and Community Health, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Surg Res 148:49-59. 2008..The need for leadership training has become recognized as being highly important to improving medical care, and should be included in surgical resident education curriculums...
- Heart failure: beyond practice guidelinesDouglas L Mann
Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Heart Institute, 1709 Dryden Road, 9th Fl, BCM620 FC 9 83, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 33:201-3. 2006
- Pertussis in infants, children, and adolescents: diagnosis, treatment, and preventionFlor M Munoz
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, and Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Pediatr Infect Dis 17:14-9. 2006..An acellular pertussis vaccine booster for adolescents has been recommended in the United States and other industrialized countries. Active immunization and early diagnosis are crucial in the management of pertussis...
- Health practices of veterans with unilateral lower-limb loss: Identifying correlatesSusan Robinson-Whelen
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Research and Development Service, VA Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 41:453-60. 2004..In addition, psychological well-being (life satisfaction) was significantly related to foot care and smoking status. Longitudinal research is needed to identify determinants of health behaviors to better direct intervention efforts...
- Reliability and validity of functional neuroimaging techniques for identifying language-critical areas in children and adultsRebecca L Billingsley-Marshall
Vivian L Smith Center for Neurologic Research, Department of Neurosurgery, Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 77030, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 26:541-63. 2004....
- Current status of the gyro centrifugal blood pump--development of the permanently implantable centrifugal blood pump as a biventricular assist device (NEDO project)Yukihiko Nose
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Artif Organs 28:953-8. 2004..The final mass production model is now finalized, and the final animal study and two-year endurance studies are ongoing...
- Is schizoaffective disorder a stable diagnostic category: a retrospective examinationPatricia M Averill
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and the Harris County Psychiatric Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Psychiatr Q 75:215-27. 2004....
- Pregnancy-associated plasma protein A, free beta-hCG, nuchal translucency, and risk of pregnancy lossLaura Goetzl
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:30-6. 2004..To estimate the likelihood of clinical early and late pregnancy loss as a function of first-trimester maternal serum analytes and fetal nuchal translucency measurements...
- On the central role of studies on the kidney in the recognition, conceptual evolution, and understanding of hypertensionGarabed Eknoyan
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030 USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 11:192-6. 2004....
- Non-curricular approaches for increasing physical activity in youth: a reviewRussell Jago
Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Prev Med 39:157-63. 2004..To prevent obesity, the physical activity of youth should be increased. Since time for school physical education has declined and curricular interventions have had limited effects, alternative non-curriculum approaches need to be tested...
- Role of biofilm in catheter-associated urinary tract infectionBarbara W Trautner
Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases Section, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Infect Control 32:177-83. 2004..Currently, no proven effective strategies exist for prevention of catheter-associated urinary tract infection in persons who are chronically catheterized...
- Association of solitary, segmental hemangiomas of the skin with visceral hemangiomatosisDenise W Metry
Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Arch Dermatol 140:591-6. 2004..However, the potential association of solitary, segmental hemangiomas of the skin with visceral hemangiomatosis has not been previously emphasized...
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea screening in asymptomatic young womenMariam R Chacko
Departments of Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:169-78. 2004....
- Low molecular weight heparin and atherosclerosisDan Hunt
Section of General Internal Medicine, Ben Taub General Hospital, 1504 Taub Loop, 2RM81 001, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 6:140-7. 2004..Recent studies also suggest potential usefulness of LMWH for patients with peripheral vascular disease and its limits of utility in stroke. This review summarizes the evidence about the use of LMWH in these clinical situations...
- Therapeutic left ventricular assist device and apheresis on dilated cardiomyopathyYoshica Matoba
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Artificial Organ Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Artif Organs 28:171-81. 2004..We believe that this concept, a combination of HF and DFPP with therapeutic LVAD, will be the next generation of treatment that has a potential to postpone, or even avoid, heart transplantation...
- Use of levetiracetam in a population of patients aged 65 years and older: a subset analysis of the KEEPER trialJ A Ferrendelli
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Houston School of Medicine, 6431 Fannin Street, Suite 7 044, 77030, Houston, TX, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:702-9. 2003....
- Microbiology. Peptide signals sense and destroy target cellsDanielle A Garsin
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 306:2202-3. 2004
- Predictors of glycaemic control in indigent patients presenting with diabetic ketoacidosisM Maldonado
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Rm N520, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 7:282-9. 2005..To derive predictors of good glycaemic control in patients presenting with diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) followed prospectively in a specialized clinic...
- Genetic and environmental factors influencing fasting serum adiponectin in Hispanic childrenNancy F Butte
U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4170-6. 2005..Because of its antiinflammatory and insulin-sensitizing properties, adiponectin may play a role in the development of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes...
- Secondary conditions in a community-based sample of women with physical disabilities over a 1-year periodMargaret A Nosek
Center for Research on Women with Disabilities, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 87:320-7. 2006..To examine prevalence and predictors of secondary conditions in women with physical disabilities...
- Appraising evidence on community integration following brain injury: a systematic reviewTimothy A Reistetter
School of Occupational Therapy, Texas Woman University and The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research, Houston, Texas 77030 3405, USA
Occup Ther Int 12:196-217. 2005..Further research is needed to examine the complex relationship of person, environment and CI...
- External validation of medicare claims for breast cancer chemotherapy compared with medical chart reviewsXianglin L Du
School of Public Health, Division of Epidemiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Care 44:124-31. 2006..Although Medicare claims data have been increasingly used to examine the patterns and outcomes of cancer chemotherapy, their external validity has not been well studied...
- Genomics and cardiovascular diseaseLorraine Frazier
The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston School of Nursing, Houston, TX, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 37:315-21. 2005..To describe genetic knowledge and discovery in the area of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and to discuss how these new advances will influence the clinical care of affected people...
- Use of the Zung depression scale in patients with traumatic brain injury: 1 year post-injuryD B Huang
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Brain Inj 19:903-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine if the physical disabilities of patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI) would influence the assessment of depression when using the Zung depression scale...
- Incidence and characteristics of spinal decompression surgery after the onset of symptoms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisDaniel Yoshor
Department of Neurosurgery Baylor College of Medicine Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Neurosurgery 57:984-9; discussion 984-9. 2005..The high incidence of spondylosis in patients at the mean age of onset (55.7 yr) of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) can make recognition of ALS as a cause of weakness difficult...
- Energy requirements during pregnancy and lactationNancy F Butte
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Public Health Nutr 8:1010-27. 2005..To estimate the energy requirements of pregnant and lactating women consistent with optimal pregnancy outcome and adequate milk production...
- Pharmacotherapy of postpartum depression: current practice and future directionsOleg V Tcheremissine
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Science, University of Texas Health Science Center, 1300 Moursund Street, Houston, TX 77030 3497, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:1999-2005. 2005..Critical issues of the neurobiology and phenomenology of postpartum depression are raised, and future directions of the pharmacological treatments of postpartum depression are examined...
- Phase I trial of oral talactoferrin alfa in refractory solid tumorsTeresa G Hayes
Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Invest New Drugs 24:233-40. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the safety and tolerability of talactoferrin alfa (talactoferrin; TLF) in humans, as well as pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics...
- Effectiveness of treatments for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo of the posterior canalHelen S Cohen
Bobby R Alford Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Communicative Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Otol Neurotol 26:1034-40. 2005..To determine which common, nonpharmacological, nonsurgical treatments are most effective for treatment of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)...
- Integrated computed tomography-positron emission tomography in patients with potentially resectable malignant pleural mesothelioma: Staging implicationsJeremy J Erasmus
Departments of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Tex, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:1364-70. 2005..We evaluate the use of integrated computed tomography-positron emission tomography in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma who are being considered for extrapleural pneumonectomy...
- Pediatric endoscopy: new information from the PEDS-CORI projectMark A Gilger
Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030 2399, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 7:234-9. 2005..EGD is 2.5 times as common as colonoscopy. Most procedures are performed on children aged from 5 to 10 years. PEDS-CORI is a powerful tool that can be used to determine the patterns of use in pediatric endoscopy...
- Who should protect the public against bad doctors?James W Jones
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:907-10. 2005
- Heritability and candidate genes for endometriosisJoe Leigh Simpson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 7:162-9. 2003..Potential candidate genes are surveyed, and discrepant results emphasized. Finally, a hypothesis for endometriosis, having a multi-step pathogenesis analogous to the pathogenesis of neoplasia, is considered...
- Epidemiology and Outcomes of Digestive and Liver Diseases: A Mentoring ProgramHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori infection on BE tissue COX-2 expression. ..
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- Obesity, H pylori and Risk of Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Subsequently, in a case-control study, all newly diagnosed BE and randomly selected controls will be examined for the volume and activity of visceral obesity (CT scan and serum adipocytokines). ..
- Obesity, H pylori and Risk of Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2007..Subsequently, in a case-control study, all newly diagnosed BE and randomly selected controls will be examined for the volume and activity of visceral obesity (CT scan and serum adipocytokines). ..
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- Obesity, H pylori and Risk of Barrett's EsophagusHashem B El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2010..Subsequently, in a case-control study, all newly diagnosed BE and randomly selected controls will be examined for the volume and activity of visceral obesity (CT scan and serum adipocytokines). ..
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2007..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- Obesity, Inflammation and Thrombosis: LOOK AHEADChristie Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Obesity, Inflammation and Thrombosis: LOOK AHEADChristie M Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Obesity, Inflammation and Thrombosis: LOOK AHEADChristie Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- T Cells, Macrophages, Chemokines, and Adiposopathy in Diet-Induced ObesityChristie M Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2010..To test our hypothesis, we will study the effects of diet-induced obesity on a number of factors related to inflammation in mice and also in human fat cells. ..
- MAC 1/LFA 1/P150 95 AND PMN LEUKOCYTE FUNCTIONChristie Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. Characterize the contribution of each CD11 integrin on the host response to common bacterial and fungal pathogens in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Measuring Oral Disease Burden for Planning ServicesMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2003..The principal investigator is based in Houston, Texas (USA) and the collaborators are based in Cape Town (South Africa), Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), and London (UK). ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research and training will take place at the Baylor College of Medicine, which is located within the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world...
- Family Eats: Cancer Prevention for FamiliesKaren Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is a relatively low cost method for improving health and quality of life. ..
- INCREASING SCHOOL SNACK BAR FRUIT AND VEGETABLE INTAKEKaren Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2001..Positive findings from this study should be applicable to middle schools where snack bars are available. ..
- Familys' Web: Cancer Prevention for DaughtersKaren Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2003..This feasibility or pilot study will provide the foundation for a full scale intervention focused on dietary change. ..
- Exploring strategies to increase school breakfast consumption in middle schoolsKaren Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Improving SB participation may be an important public health environmental intervention with both significant health and academic outcomes. ..
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging of Wallerian Degeneration in MSKhader Hasan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The DTI measures, after accounting for the age and gender dependence will be correlated with the clinical measures. ..
- Prefrontal cortex and memory storagePramod K Dash; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MECHANISMS OF MEMORY DEFICITS FOLLOWING BRAIN INJURYPramod Dash; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results obtained from these studies may lead to development of new molecular therapies for memory deficits associated with TBI and other neurological conditions. ..
- LONG TERM HIPPOCAMPAL MEMORYPramod Dash; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the molecular basis of memory storage will be of value in the future development of pharmacological agents to treat amnesia associated with neurological disorders and other mental health related problems. ..
- TREATMENTS FOR BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGOHelen Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Determine the influence of rhinosinusitis. A) Determine the prevalence of rhinosinusitis in patients with BPPV. B) Determine if the presence of rhinosinusitis affects severity of symptoms or response to treatment. ..
- Tuberous sclerosis complex in memory formationPramod Dash; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results from these studies will provide a crucial step towards development of pharmacological and/or molecular strategies to treat memory disorders. ..