Mark S Salzer
Affiliation: Temple University
- Access and outcomes for persons with psychotic and affective disorders receiving vocational rehabilitation servicesMark S Salzer
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Temple University, 1700 N Broad St, Suite 304, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:796-9. 2011..This study examined the extent to which individuals with psychotic and affective disorders have access to vocational rehabilitation (VR) services and their employment and entitlement outcomes relative to persons with other disabilities...
- Internet peer support for individuals with psychiatric disabilities: A randomized controlled trialKaty Kaplan
Temple University, PA 19122, USA
Soc Sci Med 72:54-62. 2011..Knowledge generated from such research can help to inform policies and guidelines for safely navigating online resources and supports to gain maximum benefit...
- Community participation as a predictor of recovery-oriented outcomes among emerging and mature adults with mental illnessesKaty Kaplan
Temple University, PA, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 35:219-29. 2012....
- A randomized, controlled study of Internet peer-to-peer interactions among women newly diagnosed with breast cancerMark S Salzer
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychooncology 19:441-6. 2010..This paper reports findings from the first randomized, controlled study of the benefits of these types of Internet-based peer interactions...
- Comparing neighborhoods of adults with serious mental illness and of the general population: research implicationsThomas Byrne
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:782-8. 2013..It also examined the relationship between neighborhood characteristics and neighborhood concentration of persons with serious mental illness...
- A comparative study of campus experiences of college students with mental illnesses versus a general college sampleMark S Salzer
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Am Coll Health 60:1-7. 2012..Examine campus experiences and relationships of college students with mental illnesses compared to general student norms using the College Student Experiences Questionnaire to understand potential sources of distress and retention issues...
- Geographic access to and availability of community resources for persons diagnosed with severe mental illness in Philadelphia, USAStephen Metraux
Department of Health Policy and Public Health, University of the Sciences 600S 43rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4495, USA
Health Place 18:621-9. 2012..These findings provide support for the presence of geographic prerequisites for attaining meaningful levels of community integration...
- Intermethod reliability and factors affecting recall with the Temple University Community Participation measureMark S Salzer
a Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA, and
J Ment Health 24:189-95. 2015..Increased interest in promoting community inclusion of adults with serious mental illnesses will necessitate advances in measuring community participation as an outcome of such efforts...
- A study of environmental influences on the well-being of individuals with psychiatric disabilities in Philadelphia, PAEugene Brusilovskiy
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Temple University, 1700 N Broad St, Ste 313C, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:1591-601. 2012..These findings further advance our knowledge about the relationship between "place" and personal factors on mental health and wellness...
- Certified peer specialist roles and activities: results from a national surveyMark S Salzer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3535 Market St, 3rd Floor, Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:520-3. 2010..Six other states have since followed Georgia's lead, with many others in the process of doing so. This study examined where CPSs work and what they do...
- Sensory processing, participation, and recovery in adults with serious mental illnessesBeth Pfeiffer
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Temple University
Psychiatr Rehabil J 37:289-96. 2014....
- Measuring community participation of adults with psychiatric disabilities: reliability of two modes of data collectionMark S Salzer
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Temple University
Rehabil Psychol 59:211-9. 2014..This study examines the test-retest reliability of two modes of administration of a measure that assesses participation in four social life domains and the extent to which participation is viewed as sufficient and important...
- Mental illness, criminal risk factors and parole release decisionsJason Matejkowski
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Behav Sci Law 29:528-53. 2011....
- Perceived partner adaptation and psychosocial outcomes for newly diagnosed stage I and stage II breast cancer patientsEugene Brusilovskiy
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 27:42-58. 2009....
- Use of vocational rehabilitative services among adults with autismLindsay Lawer
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3535 Market Street, 3rd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:487-94. 2009..Post hoc analyses suggest that their employment was highly associated with on-the-job supports. The results suggest the importance of the VRS in serving adults with ASD...