Affiliation: Tahitian Noni International
- A double-blind clinical safety study of noni fruit juiceBrett J West
Tahitian Noni International, Research and Development, American Fork, Utah, USA
Pac Health Dialog 15:21-32. 2009..The results of this study indicate that drinking up to 750 mL TAHITIAN NONI Juice per day is safe...
- Noni juice is not hepatotoxicBrett J West
Research and Development Department, Tahitian Noni International, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
World J Gastroenterol 12:3616-9. 2006..Further, these do not have chemical structures capable of being reduced to reactive anthrone radicals, which were implicated in previous cases of herbal hepototoxicity. The available data reveals no evidence of liver toxicity...
- Morinda citrifolia Linn. (Rubiaceae) leaf extracts mitigate UVB-induced erythemaBrett J West
Research and Development, Tahitian Noni International, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
J Nat Med 63:351-4. 2009..citrifolia leaves inhibited receptor binding by 57%. These results suggest that M. citrifolia leaves are safe for topical use and may be useful in mitigating UVB-induced injury to the skin...
- Mineral variability among 177 commercial noni juicesBrett J West
Research and Development Department, Tahitian Noni International, American Fork, Utah 84003, USA
Int J Food Sci Nutr 57:556-8. 2006..Such variances may thus require consumers, dieticians, and other healthcare professionals to obtain unlabelled nutrient information from manufacturers...
- The effects of Morinda citrifolia L. (noni) on the immune system: its molecular mechanisms of actionAfa K Palu
Noni Benefits Research Department, Tahitian Noni International Research Center, 737 East 1180 South, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
J Ethnopharmacol 115:502-6. 2008..It may also exert beneficial immunomodulation effects in conditions involving inadequate immune responses...
- Lipoxygenase inhibitory constituents of the fruits of noni (Morinda citrifolia) collected in TahitiShixin Deng
Research and Development Department, Tahitian Noni International, 737 East, 1180 South, American Fork, Utah 84003, USA
J Nat Prod 70:859-62. 2007..Compounds 1-8 were shown to inhibit 5- and/or 15-lipoxygenase, with IC50 values ranging from 0.43 to 16.5 microM. Compound 5 exhibited weak inhibitory activity toward cyclooxygenase-2...
- Knowing your noni tree and traditional usage eliminates confusionAfa K Palu
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:577. 2006
- Morinda citrifolia (Noni): a literature review and recent advances in Noni researchMian Ying Wang
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 1601 Parkview Avenue, Rockford, IL 61107, USA
Acta Pharmacol Sin 23:1127-41. 2002..In order to reveal the nutritional and medicinal value of the Noni plant, and to summarize scientific evidence that supports the Polynesians' claim, a literature review and recent advances in Noni research is given below...
- Evaluation of the ergogenic potential of noni juiceDe lu Ma
Tianjin Medical University, Division of Pharmacology, Tianjin, P R China, 300070
Phytother Res 21:1100-1. 2007..This demonstrates not only an improvement in endurance but also in balance and flexibility. These results confirm the reported use of noni juice to combat fatigue, improve endurance and increase overall physical performance...
- Hepatotoxicity from interferon-beta, not noni juiceBrett J West
Digestion 74:47-8; author reply 48. 2006