- Differences between trait fear and trait anxiety: implications for psychopathologyPatrick Sylvers
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, United States
Clin Psychol Rev 31:122-37. 2011..Moreover, they suggest that future research should focus on deriving more content valid measures of trait fear and trait anxiety from the neurobiological and diagnostic literatures...
- Heavy episodic drinking in college students: associations with features of psychopathy and antisocial personality disorderPatrick Sylvers
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Coll Health 59:367-72. 2011....
- Psychopathic traits and preattentive threat processing in children: a novel test of the fearlessness hypothesisPatrick D Sylvers
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6560, USA
Psychol Sci 22:1280-7. 2011..Future research should focus on preattentive processing of fear in individuals with callous-unemotional traits, and on the implications of preattentive-processing deficits for treatment and theory development...
- Gender differences in autonomic indicators of antisocial personality disorder featuresPatrick Sylvers
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Personal Disord 1:87-96. 2010..These findings suggest that APD features are characterized by parasympathetic nervous system dysfunction in women but sympathetic nervous system dysfunction in men...
- Interactions between the COMT Val108/158Met polymorphism and maternal prenatal smoking predict aggressive behavior outcomesPatricia A Brennan
Department of Psychology, 36 Eagle Row, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biol Psychol 87:99-105. 2011..This gene-environment interaction was not significant for youth attention problems...
- Trait correlates of relational aggression in a nonclinical sample: DSM-IV personality disorders and psychopathyKelly M Schmeelk
Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1270, USA
J Pers Disord 22:269-83. 2008..Further research on the psycho-pathological implications of relational aggression in more severely affected samples is warranted...