Michel R Nasr
Affiliation: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Absence of the BRAF mutation in HBME1+ and CK19+ atypical cell clusters in Hashimoto thyroiditis: supportive evidence against preneoplastic changeMichel R Nasr
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 132:906-12. 2009..The absence of the BRAF mutation in these atypical cell clusters suggests that they may not be preneoplastic. Caution should be exercised in interpreting positive HBME1 or CK19 staining in Hashimoto thyroiditis...
- Immunohistochemical markers in diagnosis of papillary thyroid carcinoma: Utility of HBME1 combined with CK19 immunostainingMichel R Nasr
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1631-7. 2006..These findings suggest that the combination of HBME1 and CK19 has the greatest diagnostic utility in the differentiation of papillary thyroid carcinoma from its benign mimics...
- Inorganic dust exposure causes pulmonary fibrosis in smokers: analysis using light microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, and energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopyM R Nasr
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, 13202, USA
Arch Environ Occup Health 61:53-60. 2006..03), but not between smoking and fibrosis or between RB and fibrosis. Fibrosis was significantly associated with silica (p = .004) and titanium (p = .0006) concentrations. The results support the authors' hypothesis...
- Comparison of pHH3, Ki-67, and survivin immunoreactivity in benign and malignant melanocytic lesionsMichel R Nasr
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 30:117-22. 2008..pHH3 and Ki-67 can be useful adjuncts to histopathology to separate malignant melanoma from benign nevi. pHH3 is especially useful to highlight mitoses and to rapidly assess the mitotic activity in melanocytic lesions...
- Expression profiling of transcription factors in B- or T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma and burkitt lymphoma: usefulness of PAX5 immunostaining as pan-Pre-B-cell markerMichel R Nasr
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 133:41-8. 2010..1 and better sensitivity than CD79a, CD22, and CD20. These findings suggest that PAX5 has the greatest diagnostic usefulness and lineage determination in B-ALL, especially in cases with an inadequate specimen for flow cytometric analysis...