Affiliation: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Emerging practice concerning vitamin D in primary careJohn W Epling
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, USA
Qual Health Res 25:1005-12. 2015..A multifaceted approach to promoting guideline adherence will be required to influence this practice. ..
- When vaccine misconceptions jeopardize public healthJohn W Epling
State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA Email
J Fam Pract 63:E1-7. 2014..Persistent unfounded fear of vaccines and a belief that vaccine-preventable diseases are no longer a threat lead too many individuals to opt out. ..
- Practice characteristics and prior authorization costs: secondary analysis of data collected by SALT-Net in 9 central New York primary care practicesJohn W Epling
Department of Family Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 E, Adams St, MIMC 200, Syracuse, NY 13066, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 14:109. 2014..The objective is to estimate the effects of practice characteristics on time spent per prior authorization request in primary care practices...
- Teaching evidence-based medicine skills through a residency-developed guidelineJohn Epling
Department of Family Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, USA
Fam Med 34:646-8. 2002..The clinical evaluation of the guideline implementation showed improvement in several clinical markers of diabetes care...
- Are metered-dose inhalers with holding chambers better than nebulizers for treating acute asthma?John Epling
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Center for Evidence Based Practice, Department of Family Medicine, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Am Fam Physician 67:62-4. 2003
- Is fluoxetine an effective therapy for weight loss in obese patients?John Epling
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, USA
Am Fam Physician 68:2437-8. 2003
- Family physician attitudes in managing obesity: a cross-sectional survey studyJohn W Epling
Department of Family Medicine and Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
BMC Res Notes 4:473. 2011..We examined the barriers to obesity management in a sample of family physicians in a primary care practice-based research network (PBRN)...
- Clinical inquiries from the Family Practice Inquiries NetworkJohn Epling
Am Fam Physician 68:2340, 2342. 2003