SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Organization: SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Allograft diabetic nephropathy may progress to end-stage renal diseaseMoro O Salifu
Departments of Medicine, Surgery and Pathology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 52, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:351-6. 2004..The occurrence of allograft diabetic nephropathy in some, but not all patients, however, suggests that individual genetic variability modulates disease expression...
- Challenges in the diagnosis and management of renal artery stenosisMoro O Salifu
Renal Fellowship Program, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 52, Brooklyn, NY, 11203, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 7:219-27. 2005..Angioplasty and surgical interventions should be reserved for patients with preserved kidney size and hemodynamically significant stenosis...
- Challenges in the diagnosis and management of new-onset diabetes after transplantationMoro O Salifu
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Renal Fellowship Program, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 52, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Curr Diab Rep 5:194-9. 2005..In this article, we discuss the epidemiology, risk factors, pathophysiology, clinical course, and therapeutic and diagnostic challenges of this emerging disease...
- Relationship between the soluble F11 receptor and markers of inflammation in hemodialysis patientsMoro O Salifu
Department of Medicine, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
J Investig Med 55:115-9. 2007..In this study, we examined whether sF11R levels were elevated in hemodialysis (HD) patients and correlated with known inflammatory cytokines...
- Posttransplant diabetes and hypertension: pathophysiologic insights and therapeutic rationaleMoro O Salifu
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Renal Fellowship Program, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 52, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Curr Diab Rep 8:221-7. 2008..This review outlines the pathogenesis, diagnostic workup, and therapeutic rationale for diabetes and hypertension after transplantation...
- Long-term outcomes of dual kidney transplantation-a single center experienceMoro O Salifu
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Clin Transplant 23:400-6. 2009..In our population, recipients of dECD transplants have acceptable patient and graft survival with kidneys that would have usually been discarded...