Genomes and Genes
H A Lewis
Affiliation: Structural GenomiX
- A structural genomics approach to the study of quorum sensing: crystal structures of three LuxS orthologsH A Lewis
Structural GenomiX, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Structure 9:527-37. 2001..LuxS and AI-2 have been described in both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacterial species and have been shown to be involved in the expression of virulence genes in several pathogens...
- Structure of nucleotide-binding domain 1 of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorHal A Lewis
Structural GenomiX Inc, San Diego, CA, USA
EMBO J 23:282-93. 2004..Our results are consistent with a CFTR mechanism, whereby channel gating occurs through ATP binding in an NBD1-NBD2 nucleotide sandwich that forms upon displacement of NBD1 regulatory segments...
- Impact of the deltaF508 mutation in first nucleotide-binding domain of human cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator on domain folding and structureHal A Lewis
Structural GenomiX, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 280:1346-53. 2005....
- Structure and dynamics of NBD1 from CFTR characterized using crystallography and hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometryH A Lewis
SGX Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Mol Biol 396:406-30. 2010..However, they also suggest that increased exposure of the 509-511 loop and increased dynamics in its vicinity could promote aggregation in vitro and aberrant intermolecular interactions that impede trafficking in vivo...
- Structural analysis of a set of proteins resulting from a bacterial genomics projectJ Badger
Structural GenomiX Inc, San Diego, California, USA
Proteins 60:787-96. 2005..More distant sequence-structure relationships between the SGX and PDB structures were investigated using PDB-BLAST and Combinatorial Extension (CE). Only one structure, SufD, has a truly unique topology compared to all folds in the PDB...