Eleanor Palo Stoller
- Lay management of chronic disease: a qualitative study of living with hepatitis C infectionEleanor Palo Stoller
Department of Sociology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Am J Health Behav 33:376-90. 2009..To examine management strategies and goals reported by people diagnosed with chronic hepatitis C...
- Alcohol consumption within the context of hepatitis C: a qualitative study of non-problematic drinkersEleanor Palo Stoller
Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 41:546-52. 2006..In this article, we examine patient reports of drinking behaviour after being diagnosed with chronic hepatitis C, a condition for which alcohol consumption is contraindicated...
- Gender and health lifestyle: an in-depth exploration of self-care activities in later lifeJoseph G Grzywacz
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Health Educ Behav 39:332-40. 2012..OBJECTIVE. Evaluate similarities and differences in the self-care domain of health lifestyle among older, rural-dwelling women and men...
- Calling the doctor: a qualitative study of patient-initiated physician consultation among rural older adultsEleanor Palo Stoller
Department of Sociology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27109, USA
J Aging Health 23:782-805. 2011..rural adults: What symptom characteristics prompt patient-initiated physician consultation? Do participants' accounts of responses to symptoms, including the decision to consult a physician, incorporate descriptions of change over time?..
- The structure of lay consultation networks: managing illness in community settingsEleanor Palo Stoller
Department of Sociology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Aging Health 15:482-507. 2003..We examined the structure of lay consultation networks among elderly people...