John P Nabagiez
Affiliation: Staten Island University Hospital
- Physician assistant home visit program to reduce hospital readmissionsJohn P Nabagiez
Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York 10305, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:225-31, 233; discussion 232-3. 2013..We evaluated the 30-day readmission rates and diagnoses before and during PAHC to identify determinants of readmission and interventions to reduce readmissions...
- Elevated preoperative neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio as a predictor of increased long-term survival in minimal invasive coronary artery bypass surgery compared to sternotomyBasem Azab
Department of Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, 475 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 8:193. 2013....
- Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery and Single Vessel Coronary Artery Bypass via Limited Anterior Right ThoracotomyMasood A Shariff
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, North Shore LIJ Medical Center, Staten Island, New York
Heart Surg Forum 18:E266-70. 2015..We present our series of six patients who underwent a concomitant valve and single vessel intervention via right thoracotomy...
- Long-term mortality in minimally invasive compared with sternotomy coronary artery bypass surgery in the geriatric population (75 years and older patients)Emad A Barsoum
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 47:862-7. 2015..Minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS)-CABG via left thoracotomy has been used as an alternative to sternotomy. The aim of our study was to assess the overall survival after MICS-CABG and sternotomy-CABG in elderly patients with CAD...
- Twenty-four hour staged carotid endarterectomy followed by off-pump coronary bypass grafting for patients with concomitant carotid and coronary diseaseJohn P Nabagiez
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, North Shore LIJ Health System, Staten Island, New York Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 98:1613-8. 2014..We reviewed the results of our experience performing off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) within 24 hours of carotid endarterectomy (CEA) in this select patient population...
- Experience with a minimally invasive approach to combined valve surgery and coronary artery bypass grafting through bilateral thoracotomiesPieter J S Smit
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York, USA
Heart Surg Forum 16:E125-31. 2013..We present 12 patients who underwent combined MICS-CABG and MIVS via bilateral mini-thoracotomies...
- Large embolus in transit - an unresolved therapeutic dilemma (case report and review of literature)Vratika Agarwal
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 475 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA Electronic address
Heart Lung 43:152-4. 2014..Choice of treatment is crucial and should be considered on a case-by-case basis after careful assessment of indications, contraindications, risks and benefits. ..