Mario R Castellanos
Affiliation: Staten Island University Hospital
- Breast cancer screening in women with chronic kidney disease: the unrecognized effects of metastatic soft-tissue calcificationMario R Castellanos
State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, USA
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 4:337-41. 2008..In this Review we discuss the strengths and limitations of the available data and whether mammography is recommended in women with CKD or ESRD...
- Improving access to breast health services with an interdisciplinary model of careMario R Castellanos
Medical Woman s Health Division, Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York 10305, USA
Breast J 14:353-6. 2008..Furthermore, in the years after the opening of the breast center the cancer detection rate during screening increased, an important observation that needs to be investigated with future studies...
- Diagnostic imaging of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia based on hematoxylin and eosin fluorescenceMario R Castellanos
Division of Medical Women s Health, Staten Island University Hospital, 475 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY, 10305, USA
Diagn Pathol 10:119. 2015..We developed an imaging method that uses spectroscopy to assess the fluorescent intensity of cervical biopsies derived directly from hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) stained tissues...
- Curcumin potentiates the ability of sunitinib to eliminate the VHL-lacking renal cancer cells 786-O: rapid inhibition of Rb phosphorylation as a preamble to cyclin D1 inhibitionPriya Ranjan Debata
Department of Chemistry and the Center for Developmental Neuroscience, The City University of New York at The College of Staten Island, Staten Island, NY, 10314, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 13:1508-13. 2013..Our results submit the possibility of using SunC as an effective antitumor formulation to reduce the dose and risk of adverse effects of sunitinib. ..
- Breast arterial calcifications on mammograms do not predict coronary heart disease at coronary angiographyMohammad H Zgheib
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 360 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
Radiology 254:367-73. 2010..To examine, in women who underwent cardiac catheterization, whether breast arterial calcifications (BACs) seen at screening mammography correlate with coronary heart disease (CHD) seen at coronary angiography...
- Endonuclease-resistant DNA: a novel histochemical marker for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and cervical carcinomaMario R Castellanos
Division of Medical Women s Health, Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York 10305, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 31:1-7. 2012..Furthermore, in our small pilot study, erDNA status was associated with the clinical outcomes. Prospective studies are needed to confirm this observation. erDNA status is a promising novel biomarker...
- A novel curcumin-based vaginal cream Vacurin selectively eliminates apposed human cervical cancer cellsPriya Ranjan Debata
Department of Chemistry, The College of Staten Island CUNY, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Gynecol Oncol 129:145-53. 2013..This project tests the possibility of developing a curcumin-based therapy for cervical cancer...
- Effects of parathyroid hormone on immune functionAbdallah Sassine Geara
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 475 Seaview Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 2010:. 2010..Nonetheless, the clinical significance of these findings is unclear. Further studies are needed to define if PTH does have immunomodulatory effects...
- Fasting hyperglycemia upon hospital admission is associated with higher pneumonia complication rates among the elderlyMario R Castellanos
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 450 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
Int Arch Med 3:16. 2010..This study evaluates the interaction of the degree of hyperglycemia and complication rates stratified by age in non-critically ill patients admitted to the hospital for care of community-acquired pneumonia...
- Is the aging population facing an impending crisis in access to breast health services?Anita Szerszen
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:174-5. 2008