P W Stewart
Affiliation: State University of New York
- Maternal consumption of Lake Ontario salmon in rats produces behavioral changes in the offspringH B Daly
Center for Neurobehavioral Effects of Environmental Toxics, State University of New York at Oswego 13126, USA
Toxicol Ind Health 14:25-39. 1998..Further, they indicate that either prenatal or postnatal exposure alone is sufficient to produce behavioral changes in the offspring...
- Response inhibition during Differential Reinforcement of Low Rates (DRL) schedules may be sensitive to low-level polychlorinated biphenyl, methylmercury, and lead exposure in childrenPaul W Stewart
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Oswego, Oswego, New York 13126, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1923-9. 2006..The Differential Reinforcement of Low Rates task (DRL) has been shown to be especially sensitive to low-level PCB exposure in monkeys...
- The relationship between prenatal PCB exposure and intelligence (IQ) in 9-year-old childrenPaul W Stewart
Center for Neurobehavioral Effects of Environmental Toxics, State University of New York at Oswego, Oswego, New York 13126, USA
Environ Health Perspect 116:1416-22. 2008..Of the few studies that have done so, one in the Great Lakes region of the United States reported impaired IQ in children prenatally exposed to PCBs, whereas another found no association...
- Prenatal PCB exposure, the corpus callosum, and response inhibitionPaul Stewart
Psychology Department, State University of New York at Oswego, Oswego, New York 13126, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1670-7. 2003..If the association between PCBs and response inhibition is indeed causal, then children with suboptimal development of the splenium are particularly vulnerable to these effects. These data await replication...
- Cognitive development in preschool children prenatally exposed to PCBs and MeHgPaul W Stewart
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Oswego, Oswego, NY 13126, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 25:11-22. 2003..Moreover, the interaction between PCB and MeHg cannot be considered conclusive until it has been replicated in subsequent investigations...
- Prenatal PCB exposure and neonatal behavioral assessment scale (NBAS) performanceP Stewart
Center for Neurobehavioral Effects of Environmental Toxics, Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Oswego, 13126, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 22:21-9. 2000....
- CYP3A5 genotype predicts renal CYP3A activity and blood pressure in healthy adultsRaymond C Givens
General Clinical Research Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:1297-300. 2003..3 mmHg. We speculate whether a high CYP3A5 expressor allele frequency among African-Americans may contribute to a high prevalence of sodium-sensitive hypertension in this population...
- The temporal dynamics of ozone-induced FEV1 changes in humans: an exposure-response modelWilliam F McDonnell
William F McDonnell Consulting, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Inhal Toxicol 19:483-94. 2007....
- Aminotransferase elevations in healthy adults receiving 4 grams of acetaminophen daily: a randomized controlled trialPaul B Watkins
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
JAMA 296:87-93. 2006..During a clinical trial of a novel hydrocodone/acetaminophen combination, a high incidence of serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) elevations was observed...
- A method for fitting regression splines with varying polynomial order in the linear mixed modelLloyd J Edwards
Department of Biostatistics, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Stat Med 25:513-27. 2006..The method is illustrated using two examples: an analysis of longitudinal viral load data from a study of subjects with acute HIV-1 infection and an analysis of 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure profiles...
- Cigarette smoking, stress-induced analgesia and pain perception in men and womenSusan S Girdler
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7175, Medical Research Bldg A, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7175, USA
Pain 114:372-85. 2005..The reduced pain perception in smokers and absence of relationships between endogenous pain regulatory mechanisms and pain sensitivity may reflect a maladaptive response to chronic smoking...
- Elevated virus loads of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated human herpesvirus 8 predict Kaposi's sarcoma disease progression, but elevated levels of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 do notE Byrd Quinlivan
Department of Medicine, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, 547 Burnett Womack Building, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Infect Dis 185:1736-44. 2002..These results are evidence that the quantity of circulating KSHV in KS patients is biologically meaningful and is measurable with sufficient accuracy to provide clinically useful information...
- Brief but efficient: acute HIV infection and the sexual transmission of HIVChristopher D Pilcher
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1785-92. 2004..We examined whether viral dynamics in the genital tract during the natural history of acute human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection could explain efficient heterosexual transmission of HIV...
- Making inferences about projected completors in longitudinal studiesF Dubois Bowman
Department of Biostatistics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Biopharm Stat 14:947-67. 2004..Estimation of model parameters proceeds using maximum likelihood and restricted maximum likelihood methods. We illustrate the utility of our proposed analysis by using the motivating disability data example...
- PRENATAL PCB EXPOSURE AND COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENTPaul Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, school records for each child's New York State mandatory testing of English Language Arts and Math will be obtained for comparative analysis. ..
- PRENATAL PCB EXPOSURE AND COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENTPaul Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..