Eli A Friedman
Affiliation: State University of New York
- Continuously evolving management concepts for diabetic CKD and ESRDEli A Friedman
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Semin Dial 23:134-9. 2010..That this "good news" results from appropriate renoprotective treatment is as yet unsubstantiated wishful thinking...
- New-onset diabetes after hemodialysis initiation: impact on survivalMoro O Salifu
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am J Nephrol 31:239-46. 2010..The incidence of new-onset diabetes after initiation of hemodialysis (NODAD) and its impact on survival is not known...
- Asymmetric breast enlargement minus central venous thrombosis in a hemodialysis patientJacques J Youssef
Department of Medicine, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, U S A
Hemodial Int 12:30-3. 2008..Angioplasty of the stenosis was performed without incident or evidence of central vein stenosis. Rapid resolution over 10 days of the unilateral breast congestion followed without complication...
- Accidental extravascular insertion of a subclavian hemodialysis catheter is signaled by nonvisualization of catheter tipMarius C Florescu
Department of Medicine, Renal Diseases Division, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Hemodial Int 9:341-3. 2005..Subsequent successful removal of the extravascularly placed catheter along with repair of the lacerated SVC were effected by open thoracic surgery...
- A step toward solving the long-term care dilemma for living kidney donorsAmy L Friedman
State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Transplantation 94:988-9. 2012....
- Reassessing marketing of kidneys from the 2008 perspectiveEli A Friedman
Downstate Medical Center, State University of New York, Brooklyn, N Y 11203, USA
Blood Purif 27:53-7. 2009..The debate continues...
- Allograft diabetic nephropathy may progress to end-stage renal diseaseMoro O Salifu
Departments of Medicine, Surgery and Pathology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 52, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:351-6. 2004..The occurrence of allograft diabetic nephropathy in some, but not all patients, however, suggests that individual genetic variability modulates disease expression...
- Long-term outcomes of dual kidney transplantation-a single center experienceMoro O Salifu
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Clin Transplant 23:400-6. 2009..In our population, recipients of dECD transplants have acceptable patient and graft survival with kidneys that would have usually been discarded...
- Diabetic nephropathy in the elderlyAnthony J Joseph
Department of Medicine, Renal Division, Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 52, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 25:373-89. 2009..There is bona fide reason to hope that within a decade, kidney failure attributable to diabetes will be transformed into a preventable complication of a disease that has dominated and directed our heritage...
- Live and deceased donor kidney transplantation in patients aged 75 years and older in the United StatesJeanne Macrae
Department of Medicine, Downstate Medical Center, New York 11203, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 37:641-8. 2005..To examine the outcomes of geriatric ESRD patients selected for kidney transplantation...
- Association of reduced red blood cell deformability and diabetic nephropathyClinton D Brown
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Kidney Int 67:295-300. 2005..The present study was conducted to test whether impaired red blood cell deformability is indeed associated with development of diabetic nephropathy...
- The trend toward geriatric nephrologyFasika M Tedla
Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue Box 52, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Prim Care 35:515-30, vii. 2008..This article reviews the evolving epidemiology of renal disorders among the elderly and summarizes evidence put forward to explain this phenomenon...
- Peritoneal dialysis should not be the first choice for renal replacement therapy in the elderlyMary Mallappallil
Renal Disease Division, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Semin Dial 25:671-4. 2012..Nevertheless, PD is not an advantageous option for that large cohort of the dialysis population in the United States comprised of elderly patients with diabetes...
- Calcium-based phosphate binders are appropriate in chronic renal failureEli A Friedman
Department of Medicine, Renal Disease Division, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:704-9. 2006....
- Inpatient diabetes management: examining morning practice in an acute care settingLinda S Cohen
Department of Nursing Services, College of Nursing Graduate Programs, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 52, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Diabetes Educ 33:483-92. 2007..Morning diabetes management in an inpatient acute care facility was examined...