Affiliation: State University of New York
- Genetic variation in immediate and delayed postictal refractory period in ratsA Francis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, SUNY Stony Brook 11794 8101, USA
Brain Res 721:150-4. 1996..p.) to prolong ECS seizures (no change for WKY, +13% for SHR, P < 0.001). The results suggest immediate and delayed postictal refractoriness are subject to genetic variation and may depend on central adenosine mechanisms...
- Conventional intramuscular sedatives versus ziprasidone for severe agitation in adolescents: case-control studyWilliam C Jangro
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:9. 2009..The objective of this study was to compare intramuscular (IM) ziprasidone to conventional IM medications (haloperidol combined with lorazepam) for the treatment of severe agitation in adolescents (age 12-17)...
- Catatonia: diagnosis, classification, and treatmentAndrew Francis
Department of Psychiatry, Health Sciences Center T 10, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8101, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 12:180-5. 2010..An important unresolved question is the role of antipsychotic agents in treatment and their potential adverse effects...
- Rapid-acting IM ziprasidone in a psychiatric emergency service: a naturalistic studyHoracio Preval
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 27:140-4. 2005..IM ziprasidone appears effective for severe agitation, including agitation associated with alcohol or substance intoxication, and may reduce time in restraints...
- An international consensus study of neuroleptic malignant syndrome diagnostic criteria using the Delphi methodRonald J Gurrera
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:1222-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to develop NMS diagnostic criteria reflecting a broad consensus among clinical knowledge experts, represented by an international multispecialty physician panel...