Frank C Barone
Affiliation: State University of New York
- Vascular cognitive impairment: dementia biology and translational animal modelsFrank C Barone
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 1213, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 10:624-37. 2009..The use of these models is expected to help discover biomarkers and disease mechanism-linked targets for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes, thus facilitating early identification and intervention in VCI...
- Thrombopoietin protects the brain and improves sensorimotor functions: reduction of stroke-induced MMP-9 upregulation and blood-brain barrier injuryJin Zhou
Department of Neurology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203 2098, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:924-33. 2011..This is the first demonstration of TPO's efficacy in reducing ischemic brain injury and improving functional outcome, partly by inhibiting the stroke-induced increase in MMP-9 and the early, negative effects on the BBB...
- First translational 'Think Tank' on cerebrovascular disease, cognitive impairment and dementiaFrank C Barone
Neurology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Transl Med 14:50. 2016..Below summarizes the new data-presentations, concepts, novel directions and specific discussion topics addressed by this international translational team at our "First Leo and Anne Albert Charitable Trust 'Think Tank' VCI workshop". ..
- Ischemic stroke intervention requires mixed cellular protection of the penumbraFrank C Barone
Department of Neurology, The State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 10:220-3. 2009....
- Long-term post-stroke changes include myelin loss, specific deficits in sensory and motor behaviors and complex cognitive impairment detected using active place avoidanceJin Zhou
Department of Neurology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e57503. 2013..Fiber myelin loss appears to contribute to these long term behavioral dysfunctions and can be important for cognitive behavioral control necessary for complex APA learning...
- Comparison of passive leg raising and hyperemia on macrovascular and microvascular responsesManasi Bapat
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203 2098, USA
Microvasc Res 86:30-3. 2013..Finally, although upper arm and lower arm hyperemia elicits macrovascular and microvascular responses, passive leg raising elicits only macrovascular responses...
- A novel calpain inhibitor for treatment of transient retinal ischemia in the ratJoel David
Department of Neurology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Neuroreport 22:633-6. 2011..We found that administering 20 mg/kg of CYLA only after ischemia provides significant preservation of retinal function...