Affiliation: Stanford University
- Linking terrestrial and marine conservation planning and threats analysisHeather Tallis
Biology Department, University of Washington, Box 351800, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Conserv Biol 22:120-30. 2008..Our findings lend quantitative support to the call for explicitly integrated decision making and management action in terrestrial and marine ecosystems...
- An ecosystem services framework to support both practical conservation and economic developmentHeather Tallis
Department of Biology and Natural Capital Project, Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9457-64. 2008..The potentially bright future of jointly advancing ecosystem services, conservation, and human well-being will be jeopardized unless a global monitoring effort is launched that uses the many ongoing projects as a grand experiment...
- Mapping and valuing ecosystem services as an approach for conservation and natural-resource managementHeather Tallis
The Natural Capital Project, Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5020, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1162:265-83. 2009..Future challenges relating to the incorporation of social data, the projection of social distributional effects, and the design of effective policy mechanisms are discussed...
- Field evidence that ecosystem service projects support biodiversity and diversify optionsRebecca L Goldman
Interdisciplinary Program in Environment and Resources, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5020, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9445-8. 2008..We also found, however, that monitoring of conservation outcomes in both cases is so infrequent that it is impossible to assess the effectiveness of either ES or BD approaches...
- Ecosystem servicesHeather Tallis
Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Curr Biol 15:R746-8. 2005
- Natural capital and ecosystem services informing decisions: From promise to practiceAnne D Guerry
The Natural Capital Project, c o School of Environment and Forest Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:7348-55. 2015....