Affiliation: Stanford University
- Hydroxychloroquine treatment in a community-based cohort of patients with systemic lupus erythematosusGabriela Schmajuk
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:386-92. 2010..We determined the rates of HCQ use in a diverse, community-based cohort of patients with SLE and identified predictors of current HCQ use...
- Osteoporosis screening, prevention, and treatment in systemic lupus erythematosus: application of the systemic lupus erythematosus quality indicatorsGabriela Schmajuk
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:993-1001. 2010..New quality indicators (QIs) for SLE advise bone mineral density testing, calcium and vitamin D use, and antiresorptive or anabolic treatment for specific subgroups of patients receiving high-dose steroids...
- Drug monitoring in systemic lupus erythematosus: a systematic reviewGabriela Schmajuk
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Stanford University, CA, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 40:559-75. 2011..To conduct an evidence-based review of the common medication toxicities and strategies and utility of drug toxicity monitoring among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Choosing wisely: the American College of Rheumatology's Top 5 list of things physicians and patients should questionJinoos Yazdany
Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0920, San Francisco, CA 94143 0920, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:329-39. 2013..We sought to develop a list of 5 tests, treatments, or services commonly used in rheumatology practice whose necessity or value should be questioned and discussed by physicians and patients...
- Receipt of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs among patients with rheumatoid arthritis in Medicare managed care plansGabriela Schmajuk
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, 1000 Welch Rd, Ste 203, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
JAMA 305:480-6. 2011..In 2005, the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) introduced a quality measure to assess the receipt of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) among patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Quality of care in systemic lupus erythematosus: the association between process and outcome measures in the Lupus Outcomes StudyJinoos Yazdany
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 23:659-66. 2014..Using a prospective, longitudinal cohort study, we examined the associations between high-quality care and two important SLE outcomes, disease activity and damage...
- Quality of care in systemic lupus erythematosus: application of quality measures to understand gaps in careJinoos Yazdany
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0920, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:1326-33. 2012..The recent development of SLE quality measures provides an opportunity to understand gaps in clinical care and to identify modifiable factors associated with variations in quality...
- Missed opportunities for depression screening in patients with arthritis in the United StatesMary E Margaretten
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1637-42. 2013..Depression screening guidelines have been endorsed for high-risk groups, including persons with arthritis, in the hopes that screening will increase recognition and use of appropriate interventions...
- Treatment of older adult patients diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis: improved but not optimalGabriela Schmajuk
Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:928-34. 2007..Our objective was to determine the rate and predictors of DMARD use in a cohort of elderly patients with RA...