Allyson C Rosen
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Transcranial direct current stimulation and behavioral models of smoking addictionPaige E Fraser
Psychiatry, Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System Palo Alto, CA, USA
Front Psychiatry 3:79. 2012..This mini-review will place studies that apply tDCS to smokers in the context of research involving the neural substrates of nicotine addiction...
- Ethical considerations for neuropsychologists as functional magnetic imagersAllyson C Rosen
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Brain Cogn 50:469-81. 2002..Competent functional imaging requires an understanding of the strengths, limitations, and appropriate domain of applications of the measure...
- Ethical, and practical issues in applying functional imaging to the clinical management of Alzheimer's diseaseAllyson C Rosen
Department of Psychology, Jordan Hall, Bldg 420, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Brain Cogn 50:498-519. 2002..Various potential clinical applications of functional imaging are briefly reviewed and discussed with respect to associated ethical conflicts...
- Differential associations between entorhinal and hippocampal volumes and memory performance in older adultsAllyson C Rosen
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Behav Neurosci 117:1150-60. 2003..57) with delayed paragraph recall. These results suggest that entorhinal and hippocampal volumes are related to individual differences in dissociable kinds of memory performance among healthy older adults...
- Relating medial temporal lobe volume to frontal fMRI activation for memory encoding in older adultsAllyson C Rosen
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Cortex 41:595-602. 2005..These findings indicate a positive association between MTL volume and right frontal-lobe function that may underlie variability in memory performance among the elderly, and also suggest a two-stage model of memory decline in aging...
- Noninvasive transcranial brain stimulation and painAllyson C Rosen
Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue 151Y, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 13:12-7. 2009..This review presents a description and overview of the uses of two major brain stimulation techniques and a listing of useful references for further study...
- Cognitive training changes hippocampal function in mild cognitive impairment: a pilot studyAllyson C Rosen
Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 26:349-57. 2011..Results suggest that the hippocampus in MCI may retain sufficient neuroplasticity to benefit from cognitive training...
- Decreased prefrontal, anterior cingulate, insula, and ventral striatal metabolism in medication-free depressed outpatients with bipolar disorderJohn O Brooks
Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Psychiatr Res 43:181-8. 2009..Prefrontal metabolic rates were inversely related to severity of depression. There was no evidence of regional hypermetabolism, perhaps because this phenomenon is less robust or more variable than prefrontal hypometabolism...
- Variable effects of aging on frontal lobe contributions to memoryAllyson C Rosen
Departments of Psychology, Jordan Hall, Bldg 420, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuroreport 13:2425-8. 2002..Thus, successful aging was characterized by preserved left prefrontal and enhanced right prefrontal activation that may have provided compensatory encoding resources...
- Longitudinal Cognitive Trajectories of Women Veterans from the Women's Health Initiative Memory StudyClaudia B Padula
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Sierra Pacific MIRECC and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California
Gerontologist 56:115-25. 2016..A comparison of longitudinal global cognitive functioning in women Veteran and non-Veteran participants in the Women's Health Initiative (WHI)...
- Cognitive ability, expertise, and age differences in following air-traffic control instructionsJoy L Taylor
Psychiatry Service, Sierra Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
Psychol Aging 20:117-33. 2005..Results are discussed within frameworks of deliberate practice and cognitive mediation of age differences...
- Dorsolateral and dorsomedial prefrontal gray matter density changes associated with bipolar depressionJohn O Brooks
Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Psychiatry Service, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Psychiatry Res 172:200-4. 2009..Moreover, our observed differences in gray matter density overlap metabolic areas of change and thus have implications for the conceptualization and treatment of affective disorders...
- Dissociable contributions of prefrontal and parietal cortices to response selectionSilvia A Bunge
Neurosciences Program, Stanford University, USA
Neuroimage 17:1562-71. 2002....