Christopher K Payne
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Research criteria versus clinical criteria for interstitial cystitisChristopher K Payne
Department of Urology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Int J Urol 10:S7-S10. 2003....
- Goal achievement provides new insights into interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome symptoms and outcomesChristopher Payne
Female Neurourology, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5118, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 28:13-7. 2009..We used surveys and focus groups to characterize the goals of patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) in order to create a pilot GAS...
- Redefining response in overactive bladder syndromeChristopher K Payne
Department of Urology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
BJU Int 99:101-6. 2007....
- Intravesical resiniferatoxin for the treatment of interstitial cystitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trialChristopher K Payne
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Urol 173:1590-4. 2005....
- Pilot study of the feasibility of in-office bladder distention using electromotive drug adminstration (EMDA)Amy E Rose
Department of Urology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 24:254-60. 2005..We investigated the feasibility of performing bladder distention in the office using two different anesthetic strategies: simple instillation of alkalized lidocaine and electromotive drug administration (EMDA) of lidocaine...
- Sacral neuromodulation in patients with interstitial cystitis: a multicenter clinical trialKristene E Whitmore
Department of Urology, Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:305-8; discussion 308-9. 2003..Significant improvements were also seen in ICSI and ICPI scores. Subacute PNS appears to be effective in reducing symptom severity and increasing voided volumes in patients with IC previously unresponsive to standard therapy...
- Office bladder distention with electromotive drug administration (EMDA) is equivalent to distention under general anesthesia (GA)Amy E Rose
Department of Urology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California, USA
BMC Urol 5:14. 2005..We report the first comparative findings of patients undergoing both office distention with EMDA and distention in the operating room (OR) with GA...
- Treatment choice, duration, and cost in patients with interstitial cystitis and painful bladder syndromeJennifer T Anger
Department of Urology, UCLA, Box 951738, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1738, USA
Int Urogynecol J 22:395-400. 2011..In order to better understand provider treatment patterns for interstitial cystitis (IC)/painful bladder syndrome, we sought to document the therapies utilized and their associated expenditures using a national dataset...
- Solifenacin in overactive bladder syndromeChristopher K Payne
Section of Female Urology and NeuroUrology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5118, USA
Drugs 66:175-90. 2006..Solifenacin is a well tolerated and efficacious agent for the treatment of OAB, significantly reducing symptoms and improving patients' quality of life...
- Correlation between 2 interstitial cystitis symptom instrumentsErenee Sirinian
Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California, USA
J Urol 173:835-40. 2005..In this study we report what is to our knowledge the first direct comparison of the University of Wisconsin Symptom Instrument (UWI) with the O'Leary-Sant instruments, that is the IC Symptom Index (ICSI) and IC Problem Index (ICPI)...
- Interstitial cystitis and painful bladder syndromeChristopher K Payne
Department of Urology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Urol 177:2042-9. 2007..We quantified the burden of interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome on the health care system in the United States...
- A randomized controlled trial of intravesical bacillus calmette-guerin for treatment refractory interstitial cystitisRobert Mayer
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Urol 173:1186-91. 2005..We compared intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) to placebo instillations in patients with treatment refractory interstitial cystitis (IC)...
- Sexual function is a determinant of poor quality of life for women with treatment refractory interstitial cystitisJ Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 177:1832-6. 2007..Interstitial cystitis significantly negatively impacts quality of life. The demographic and clinical factors associated with decreased quality of life in these patients have not been well studied...
- Prospective evaluation of candidate urine and cell markers in patients with interstitial cystitis enrolled in a randomized clinical trial of Bacillus Calmette Guerin (BCG)Susan Keay
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 N Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
World J Urol 25:499-504. 2007..Changes in HDF and HB-EGF levels correlated weakly with changes in urgency, but the low BCG response rate prevented identification of additional associations between biomarker changes and treatment or symptoms...
- Followup of patients with interstitial cystitis responsive to treatment with intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin or placeboKathleen Joy Propert
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Urol 179:552-5. 2008..We evaluated the longer term response in patients with interstitial cystitis who initially responded to intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin or placebo in a randomized clinical trial...
- Did patients with interstitial cystitis who failed to respond to initial treatment with bacillus Calmette-Guerin or placebo in a randomized clinical trial benefit from a second course of open label bacillus Calmette-Guerin?Kathleen Joy Propert
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Blockley Hall, 6th Floor, 423 Guardian Dr, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Urol 178:886-90. 2007....
- Bladder necrosis following hydrodistention in patients with interstitial cystitisNasim Zabihi
Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
J Urol 177:149-52; discussion 152. 2007..To our knowledge this rare complication has not been previously reported in the literature. We also reviewed the literature regarding complications of hydrodistention and discuss their possible etiology...
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkChristopher Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..