Eva C M Nowack
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Trafficking of protein into the recently established photosynthetic organelles of Paulinella chromatophoraEva C M Nowack
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution for Science, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5340-5. 2012..chromatophora as an exceptional model in which to study early events in organellogenesis, and suggests that protein import into bacterial endosymbionts might be a phenomenon much more widespread than currently assumed...
- Endosymbiotic gene transfer and transcriptional regulation of transferred genes in Paulinella chromatophoraEva C M Nowack
Cologne Biocenter, Botanical Institute, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 28:407-22. 2011..chromatophora exerts control over the performance of its newly acquired photosynthetic organelle may involve controlling the expression of nuclear-encoded chromatophore-targeted regulatory components of the thylakoid membranes...
- Chromatophore genome sequence of Paulinella sheds light on acquisition of photosynthesis by eukaryotesEva C M Nowack
Botanical Institute, University of Cologne, Gyrhofstr 15, D 50931 Köln, Germany
Curr Biol 18:410-8. 2008..To clarify metabolic capabilities of the chromatophore and its state of integration into the host, we present here the complete genome sequence of the chromatophore...
- Endosymbiotic associations within protistsEva C M Nowack
Botany Department, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 365:699-712. 2010..In conclusion, endosymbiosis seems to represent a general evolutionary strategy of protists to acquire novel biochemical functions and is thus an important source of genetic innovation...
- The ancestor of the Paulinella chromatophore obtained a carboxysomal operon by horizontal gene transfer from a Nitrococcus-like gamma-proteobacteriumBirger Marin
Botanisches Institut, Lehrstuhl I, Universitat zu Koln, Koln, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 7:85. 2007..In rDNA-phylogenies, the Paulinella chromatophore diverged basal to the PS-clade, raising the question whether the HGT occurred before or after the split of the chromatophore ancestor...