Seshadri C Mudumbai
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Implementation of an Anesthesia Information Management System in an Ambulatory Surgery CenterSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care Service, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue 112A, Palo Alto, CA, 94304, USA
J Med Syst 40:22. 2016..Implementation of an AIMS at an ASC can utilize methods developed for large hospitals. However, issues unique to an ASC such as limited number of support personnel and distinctive workflows must be considered. ..
- Association of age and packed red blood cell transfusion to 1-year survival--an observational study of ICU patientsS C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care Service Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Transfus Med 23:231-7. 2013..To compare the 1-year survival for different age strata of intensive care unit (ICU) patients after receipt of packed red blood cell (PRBC) transfusions...
- Vascular surgery patients prescribed preoperative β-blockers experienced a decrease in the maximal heart rate observed during induction of general anesthesiaSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care Service, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 26:414-9. 2012..To investigate the association of preoperative β-blocker usage and maximal heart rates observed during the induction of general anesthesia...
- External validation of simulation-based assessments with other performance measures of third-year anesthesiology residentsSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesia Service, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Simul Healthc 7:73-80. 2012..We hypothesized that technical and nontechnical performance in the simulated environment is related to other various criterion measures, providing evidence to support the validity of the scores from the performance-based assessment...
- Use of medical simulation to explore equipment failures and human-machine interactions in anesthesia machine pipeline supply crossoverSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesia Service, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Anesth Analg 110:1292-6. 2010..We present the use of an equipment malfunction simulation scenario, oxygen (O(2))/nitrous oxide (N(2)O) pipeline crossover, to probe residents' knowledge and their use of anesthetic equipment in a rapidly escalating crisis...
- Association of admission hematocrit with 6-month and 1-year mortality in intensive care unit patientsSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology Service, Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto HCS, Palo Alto, California, USA
Transfusion 51:2148-59. 2011..This study examined the association of hematocrit (Hct) levels measured upon intensive care unit (ICU) admission and red blood cell transfusions to long-term (1-year or 180-day) mortality for both surgical and medical patients...
- Invasive Mechanical Ventilation in California Over 2000-2009: Implications for Emergency MedicineSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care Service, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Stanford, California
West J Emerg Med 16:696-706. 2015..Despite being the most populous state, little information exists to define patterns of IMV use within the state of California...
- Continuous adductor canal blocks are superior to continuous femoral nerve blocks in promoting early ambulation after TKASeshadri C Mudumbai
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 472:1377-83. 2014..A promising alternative is adductor canal CPNB that delivers a primarily sensory blockade; however, the differential effects of these two techniques on functional outcomes after TKA are not well established...