Michelle L Monje
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Hedgehog-responsive candidate cell of origin for diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomaMichelle Monje
Department of Neurology, and Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4453-8. 2011..Together, these findings provide a foundation for understanding the cellular and molecular origins of DIPG, and suggest that the Hh pathway represents a potential therapeutic target in this devastating pediatric tumor...
- Settling a Nervous Stomach: The Neural Regulation of Enteric CancerMichelle Monje
Department of Neurology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA Electronic address
Cancer Cell 31:1-2. 2017....
- Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma: New Pathophysiological Insights and Emerging Therapeutic TargetsTessa B Johung
265 Campus Drive, Room G3077 Stanford, CA 94305
Curr Neuropharmacol . 2016..Despite decades of clinical trials, there has been no improvement in prognosis since the introduction of radiotherapy over thirty years ago...
- Functional and structural differences in the hippocampus associated with memory deficits in adult survivors of acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMichelle Monje
Department of Neurology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5461, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:293-300. 2013..Radiation and chemotherapy targeted to the central nervous system (CNS) can cause cognitive impairment, including impaired memory. These memory impairments may be referable to damage to hippocampal structures resulting from CNS treatment...
- Cognitive side effects of cancer therapy demonstrate a functional role for adult neurogenesisMichelle Monje
Department of Neurology, Division of Child Neurology, Stanford University Medical Center, 750 Welch Road, Suite 317, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Behav Brain Res 227:376-9. 2012....
- Neurological complications following treatment of children with brain tumorsMichelle Monje
Department of Neurology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Pediatr Rehabil Med 4:31-6. 2011..With new insights to the cellular and molecular etiology of these deficits, new therapies for cognitive decline after therapy are emerging. Management strategies for other neurological complications are also emerging...
- Cranial radiation therapy and damage to hippocampal neurogenesisMichelle Monje
Department of Neurology, Stanford University, Stanford Advanced Medicine Center, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Dev Disabil Res Rev 14:238-42. 2008..Recent work has elucidated the mechanisms of radiation-induced failure of neurogenesis. Potential therapeutic interventions are emerging...
- Impaired human hippocampal neurogenesis after treatment for central nervous system malignanciesMichelle L Monje
Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Neurol 62:515-20. 2007..These findings are consistent with preclinical animal studies and suggest potential therapeutic strategies...
- Radiation injury and neurogenesisMichelle L Monje
Department of Neurosurgery, MSLS P309, MC 5487, Stanford, CA, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 16:129-34. 2003..This is especially true when the radiation field involves the temporal lobes. The cause of this debilitating dysfunction is currently unknown and untreatable...
- Inflammatory blockade restores adult hippocampal neurogenesisMichelle L Monje
Stanford University, Department of Neurosurgery, MSLS P309, Mail Code 5487, 1201 Welch Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5487, USA
Science 302:1760-5. 2003....
- Durable response of a radiation-induced, high-grade cerebellar glioma to temozolomideMichelle L Monje
Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Neurooncol 84:179-83. 2007..Radiation-induced high-grade gliomas are a rare but serious late complication of radiotherapy. We report a patient with radiation-induced cerebellar high-grade glioma who had a durable response to temozolomide...
- Neurogenesis, Inflammation and Irradiation InjuryMICHELLE MONJE DEISSEROTH; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..