Richard W Hyman
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Molecular probe technology detects bacteria without cultureRichard W Hyman
Departments of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Microbiol 12:29. 2012..In this communication, we report the first results of employing our molecular probes to detect bacteria in clinical samples...
- A direct comparison of the KB™ Basecaller and phred for identifying the bases from DNA sequencing using chain termination chemistryRichard W Hyman
Stanford Genome Technology Centre, 855 S, California St, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
BMC Res Notes 3:257. 2010..Relatively recently, the software KB™ Basecaller has replaced phred for identifying the bases from raw sequence data in DNA sequencing employing dideoxy chemistry. We have measured quantitatively the consequences of that change...
- Microbes on the human vaginal epitheliumRichard W Hyman
Stanford Genome Technology Center and Departments of Biochemistry, Genetics, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University, 855 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7952-7. 2005..Eight subjects presented complex mixtures of Lactobacillus and other microbes. The remaining eight subjects had no Lactobacillus. Instead, Bifidobacterium, Gardnerella, Prevotella, Pseudomonas, or Streptococcus predominated...
- Multiplex identification of microbesRichard W Hyman
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford Genome Technology Center, Stanford University Medical School, 855 California Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:3904-10. 2010..While these particular molecular probes are aimed at our interest in the microbes in the human vagina, this molecular probe method could be employed to identify the microbes in any ecological niche...
- Diversity of the vaginal microbiome correlates with preterm birthRichard W Hyman
1Stanford Genome Technology Center, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Reprod Sci 21:32-40. 2014..We conclude that uncultured vaginal bacteria play an important role in PTB and race/ethnicity and sampling location are important determinants of the vaginal microbiome. ..
- Targeted and highly multiplexed detection of microorganisms by employing an ensemble of molecular probesWeihong Xu
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Palo Alto, California, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 80:4153-61. 2014..In addition, we employed molecular probes to identify the bacteria from vaginal swabs and demonstrate how a deliberate selection of molecular probes can identify less abundant bacteria even in the presence of much more abundant species. ..
- The dynamics of the vaginal microbiome during infertility therapy with in vitro fertilization-embryo transferRichard W Hyman
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 29:105-15. 2012..To determine the vaginal microbiome in women undergoing IVF-ET and investigate correlations with clinical outcomes...
- Sequence of Plasmodium falciparum chromosome 12Richard W Hyman
Stanford Genome Technology Center, 855 California Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nature 419:534-7. 2002..We discuss the methodology that yielded a finished and fully contiguous sequence for chromosome 12. The biological implications of the sequence data are more thoroughly discussed in an accompanying Article (ref. 3)...
- Genome sequence of the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparumMalcolm J Gardner
The Institute for Genomic Research, 9712 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Nature 419:498-511. 2002..The genome sequence provides the foundation for future studies of this organism, and is being exploited in the search for new drugs and vaccines to fight malaria...
- The genome of the basidiomycetous yeast and human pathogen Cryptococcus neoformansBrendan J Loftus
Institute for Genomic Research, 9712 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Science 307:1321-4. 2005..neoformans encodes unique genes that may contribute to its unusual virulence properties, and comparison of two phenotypically distinct strains reveals variation in gene content in addition to sequence polymorphisms between the genomes...