J E C Holty
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Accuracy of transbronchial needle aspiration for mediastinal staging of non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysisJ E C Holty
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, CA, USA
Thorax 60:949-55. 2005..The reported accuracy of transbronchial needle aspiration (TBNA) for mediastinal staging in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) varies widely. We performed a meta-analysis to estimate the accuracy of TBNA for mediastinal staging in NSCLC...
- Surgical options for the treatment of obstructive sleep apneaJon Erik C Holty
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Med Clin North Am 94:479-515. 2010....
- Maxillomandibular advancement for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea: a systematic review and meta-analysisJon Erik C Holty
Stanford University Sleep Medicine Program, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Sleep Med Rev 14:287-97. 2010..No postoperative deaths were reported. Most subjects reported satisfaction after MMA with improvements in quality of life measures and most OSA symptomatology. We conclude that MMA is a safe and highly effective treatment for OSA...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in transplant recipients: early diagnosis and treatment of resistant tuberculosisJon Erik C Holty
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5236, USA
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 14:613-8. 2009..To provide a better understanding and summarize recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) infection in solid organ transplant (SOT) candidates and recipients...
- Tuberculosis in liver transplant recipients: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient dataJon Erik C Holty
Center for Primary Care and Outcomes Research, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Liver Transpl 15:894-906. 2009..Liver Transpl 15:894-906, 2009. (c) 2009 AASLD...
- REM-related bradyarrhythmia syndromeJon Erik C Holty
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Department of Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, 3801 Miranda Ave 111P, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Sleep Med Rev 15:143-51. 2011..This review focuses on the salient features of the REM-related bradyarrhythmia syndrome and explores potential mechanisms with a particular assessment of the relationship between the ANS and nocturnal heart rate fluctuations...
- Anthrax: a systematic review of atypical presentationsJon Erik C Holty
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 48:200-11. 2006..Timely diagnosis and treatment of patients with inhalational anthrax require clinical awareness of the full spectrum of signs and symptoms associated with inhalational anthrax...
- Reducing mortality from anthrax bioterrorism: strategies for stockpiling and dispensing medical and pharmaceutical suppliesDena M Bravata
Center for Primary Care and Outcomes Research, Stanford University School of Medicine, and the Stanford UCSF Evidence based Practice Center, California 94305 6019, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 4:244-62. 2006..Bioterrorism preparedness efforts directed at improving local dispensing capacity are required before benefits can be reaped from enhancing local inventories...
- The effect of geriatrics evaluation and management on nursing home use and health care costs: results from a randomized trialCiaran S Phibbs
Health Economics Resource Center, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, and Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Med Care 44:91-5. 2006..The Geriatric Evaluation and Management study was developed to assess the impact of a comprehensive geriatric assessment service on the care of the elderly...
- Inhalational, gastrointestinal, and cutaneous anthrax in children: a systematic review of cases: 1900 to 2005Dena M Bravata
Center for Primary Care and Outcomes Research, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 6019, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:896-905. 2007..To systematically review all published case reports of children with anthrax to evaluate the predictors of disease progression and mortality...
- Systematic review: a century of inhalational anthrax cases from 1900 to 2005Jon Erik C Holty
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Stanford University, San Francisco, California 94305 5236, USA
Ann Intern Med 144:270-80. 2006..Mortality from inhalational anthrax during the 2001 U.S. attack was substantially lower than that reported historically...