Affiliation: Stanford University
- Axonal transport and secretion of fibrillar forms of α-synuclein, Aβ42 peptide and HTTExon 1Michel Brahic
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, 94305 5120, USA
Acta Neuropathol 131:539-48. 2016..Continuous secretion could play an important role in the spread of pathology between neurons but may be amenable to pharmacological intervention. ..
- Axon myelin transfer of a non-enveloped virusJean Pierre Roussarie
Department of Virology, URA3015 Centre National de Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 2:e1331. 2007..Our results suggest the existence of a mechanism of transfer of axonal cytoplasm into the myelin which Theiler's virus might exploit to ensure its persistence...
- Multiple sclerosis and virusesMichel Brahic
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 299 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Ann Neurol 68:6-8. 2010....
- The role of myelin in Theiler's virus persistence in the central nervous systemJean Pierre Roussarie
Unite des Virus Lents, Departement de Virologie, Institut Pasteur and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 3:e23. 2007..These results uncover an unsuspected axon to myelin traffic of Theiler's virus and the essential role played by the infection of myelin/oligodendrocyte in persistence...
- Neuron-to-neuron transmission of α-synuclein fibrils through axonal transportEric C Freundt
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5402, USA
Ann Neurol 72:517-24. 2012..Here, we characterized and quantified the axonal transport of α-synuclein fibrils and showed that fibrils could be transferred from axons to second-order neurons following anterograde transport...
- The NeST long ncRNA controls microbial susceptibility and epigenetic activation of the interferon-γ locusJ Antonio Gomez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 152:743-54. 2013..Thus, this lncRNA regulates epigenetic marking of IFN-γ-encoding chromatin, expression of IFN-γ, and susceptibility to a viral and a bacterial pathogen...
- The genetics of the persistent infection and demyelinating disease caused by Theiler's virusMichel Brahic
Unite des Virus Lents, URA CNRS 1930, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Annu Rev Microbiol 59:279-98. 2005..H2 class I genes have a major effect on susceptibility. Among several non-H2 susceptibility loci, Tmevp3 appears to regulate the expression of important cytokines...
- Infection of macrophage primary cultures by persistent and nonpersistent strains of Theiler's virus: role of capsid and noncapsid viral determinantsIgnacio Mena
Unite des Virus Lents, CNRS URA 1930, Departement de Virologie, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Virol 78:13356-61. 2004..The replication of the GDVII strain and of both chimeric viruses was restricted in macrophages. Therefore, the infection of macrophages requires both capsid and noncapsid viral determinants...