Timothy C Bonebrake
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Predation and infanticide influence ideal free choice by a parrot occupying heterogeneous tropical habitatsTimothy C Bonebrake
Ecosystem Sciences Division, Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, University of California, 37 Mulford Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3114, USA
Oecologia 163:385-93. 2010..Parrotlets exhibited three characteristics fundamental to the IFD: habitat heterogeneity within and between local populations, reliable habitat cues to productivity, and active dispersal to sites of higher fitness...
- Tolerance adaptation and precipitation changes complicate latitudinal patterns of climate change impactsTimothy C Bonebrake
Department of Biology and Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12581-6. 2010..Specifically, tropical regions are likely to be just as affected as temperate regions and, in some regions under some circumstances, possibly more so...
- Delayed population explosion of an introduced butterflyCarol L Boggs
Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory, Crested Butte, CO, USA
J Anim Ecol 75:466-75. 2006..7. We postulate that this behaviour results, in this species, in establishment of satellite populations and, given appropriate habitat structure, may result in lagged or punctuated expansions of introduced populations...
- Diversification and phylogeographic structure in widespread Azteca plant-ants from the northern NeotropicsElizabeth G Pringle
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Ecol 21:3576-92. 2012..Differences in population structure between the ants and their host trees may profoundly affect the evolutionary dynamics of this widespread ant-plant mutualism...
- Climate heterogeneity modulates impact of warming on tropical insectsTimothy C Bonebrake
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Ecology 93:449-55. 2012..Thus, in addition to seasonality, spatial heterogeneity may play a critical role in thermal adaptation and climate change impacts particularly in the tropics...