Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Insertion of a Pax6 consensus binding site into the alphaA-crystallin promoter acts as a lens epithelial cell enhancer in transgenic miceHaotian Zhao
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1930-9. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to generate promoters capable of directing transgene expression to the entire lens but not to the corneal epithelium...
- Characterization of the roles of STAT1 and STAT3 signal transduction pathways in mammalian lens developmentSamuel Ebong
Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1857, USA
Mol Vis 10:122-31. 2004..Therefore, we examined whether these growth factors mediate their effects in the lens through the evolutionarily conserved JAK/STAT signal transduction pathway and if STAT signaling is essential for mammalian lens development...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in the ureteric budHaotian Zhao
Center for Human and Molecular Genetics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Dev Biol 276:403-15. 2004..In conclusion, FGFR2, but not FGFR1, appears crucial for ureteric bud branching morphogenesis and stromal mesenchyme patterning...
- Signaling through FGF receptor-2 is required for lens cell survival and for withdrawal from the cell cycle during lens fiber cell differentiationClaudia M Garcia
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Dyn 233:516-27. 2005..It also contributes to the normal elongation of primary lens fiber cells and to the survival of lens epithelial cells...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in the metanephric mesenchymeDeepali Pitre Poladia
Center for Cell and Vascular Biology, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Dev Biol 291:325-39. 2006..In metanephric mesenchymal rudiments, fgfr1 and fgfr2 appear to function downstream of Eya1 and Six1, but upstream of Six2, Sall1, and Pax2. Finally, this is the first example of renal aplasia in a conditional knockout model...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (Fgfr1) is not essential for lens fiber differentiation in miceHaotian Zhao
Center for Human and Molecular Genetics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus, OH, USA
Mol Vis 12:15-25. 2006..These experiments were conducted to determine if Fgfr1 plays an independent, essential role in lens development...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling is essential for lens fiber cell differentiationHaotian Zhao
Graduate Program in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, College of Biological Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dev Biol 318:276-88. 2008..Therefore, while signaling by FGF receptors is essential for lens fiber differentiation, different FGF receptors function redundantly...
- A rare transporter associated with antigen processing polymorphism overpresented in HLAlow colon cancer reveals the functional significance of the signature domain in antigen processingTianyu Yang
Division of Cancer Immunology, Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Graduate Program in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, The Ohio State University, OncoImmune, Ltd, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3614-23. 2005..Given the widespread defects in DNA mismatch repair in colon cancer, mutations at or near the signature domain can potentially modulate antigen processing...