Affiliation: St. John's Mercy Medical Center
- The institute of medicine's "dietary reference intake" for phosphorus: a critical perspectiveL Sax
J Am Coll Nutr 20:271-8. 2001..This article critically reviews the findings and conclusions of the Institute of Medicine in the light of recent research...
- Maybe men and women are differentLeonard Sax
Am Psychol 57:444. 2002
- How common is intersex? a response to Anne Fausto-SterlingLeonard Sax
The Montgomery Center for Research in Child and Adolescent Development, P O Box 108, 19710 Fisher Avenue, Suite J, Poolesville, MD 20837, USA
J Sex Res 39:174-8. 2002..Applying this more precise definition, the true prevalence of intersex is seen to be about 0.018%, almost 100 times lower than Fausto-Sterling s estimate of 1.7%...
- What was the cause of Nietzsche's dementia?Leonard Sax
Montgomery Center for Research in Child and Adolescent Development, Montgomery County, Maryland, USA
J Med Biogr 11:47-54. 2003..The syphilis hypothesis is not compatible with most of the evidence available. Other hypotheses--such as slowly growing right-sided retro-orbital meningioma--provide a more plausible fit to the evidence...
- Who first suggests the diagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder?Leonard Sax
Montgomery Center for Research in Child and Adolescent Development, Poolesville, MD, USA
Ann Fam Med 1:171-4. 2003..We wanted to survey physicians in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area regarding the frequency with which physicians, teachers, parents, and others first suggest the diagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...