Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Mouse genome engineering via CRISPR-Cas9 for study of immune functionStephane Pelletier
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Hospital, Memphis, TN 38103, USA Electronic address
Immunity 42:18-27. 2015..Here, we discuss the practical advantages of the CRISPR-Cas9 system over conventional and other nuclease-based targeting technologies and provide suggestions for the use of this technology to address immunological questions...
- An early onset progressive motor neuron disorder in Scyl1-deficient mice is associated with mislocalization of TDP-43Stephane Pelletier
Department of Biochemistry, Advanced Histology Core, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Neurosci 32:16560-73. 2012..Together, our results identify SCYL1 as a key regulator of motor neuron survival, and Scyl1(-/-) mice share pathological features with many human neurodegenerative conditions...
- Jak2 FERM domain interaction with the erythropoietin receptor regulates Jak2 kinase activityMegumi Funakoshi-Tago
Department of Biochemistry, D4013, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1792-801. 2008....
- Receptor specific downregulation of cytokine signaling by autophosphorylation in the FERM domain of Jak2Megumi Funakoshi-Tago
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 3810, USA
EMBO J 25:4763-72. 2006..This regulation occurs with the receptors for Epo, thrombopoietin and growth hormone but not with the receptor for interferon-gamma...
- Characterization of a family of novel cysteine- serine-rich nuclear proteins (CSRNP)Sebastien Gingras
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e808. 2007..However, combined deficiencies cause partial neonatal lethality suggesting that the genes have redundant functions...
- Two domains of the erythropoietin receptor are sufficient for Jak2 binding/activation and functionStephane Pelletier
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:8527-38. 2006..Collectively, the results suggest that Jak2 is the sole direct signaling molecule downstream of EpoR required for biological activity...
- Molecular characterization of LC3-associated phagocytosis reveals distinct roles for Rubicon, NOX2 and autophagy proteinsJennifer Martinez
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nat Cell Biol 17:893-906. 2015..Therefore, we have identified molecules that distinguish LAP from canonical autophagy, thereby elucidating the importance of LAP in response to A. fumigatus infection. ..
- Anti-apoptotic MCL-1 localizes to the mitochondrial matrix and couples mitochondrial fusion to respirationRhonda M Perciavalle
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nat Cell Biol 14:575-83. 2012..Our results provide insight into how the surprisingly diverse salutary functions of MCL-1 may control the survival of both normal and cancer cells...