Belinda N Mandrell
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- The genetic profile and monitoring of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children and adolescentsBelinda N Mandrell
Division of Nursing Research, Patient Care Services at St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:173-8. 2009..It is imperative that nurses become knowledgeable of leukemic genetic markers and molecular monitoring and their clinical significance when caring for the child and their family...
- Children with minimal chance for cure: parent proxy of the child's health-related quality of life and the effect on parental physical and mental health during treatmentBelinda N Mandrell
Department of Pediatric Medicine, Division of Nursing Research, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, MS 728, Memphis, TN, 38105 2794, USA
J Neurooncol 129:373-81. 2016....
- Excessive daytime sleepiness and sleep-disordered breathing disturbances in survivors of childhood central nervous system tumorsBelinda N Mandrell
Division of Nursing Research, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 58:746-51. 2012..The objective of this study was to describe a series of CNS tumor survivors who had sleep evaluations that included polysomnography (PSG) with attention to sleep disorder in relation to the tumor site...
- When recruiting advance practice nurses is costly, develop your staff nursesBelinda N Mandrell
Pediatric Oncology Practitioner Program, Patient Care Services, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
J Nurs Adm 34:543-5. 2004
- Psychometric and clinical assessment of the 13-item reduced version of the fatigue scale-adolescent instrumentBelinda N Mandrell
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 28:287-94. 2011..6% sensitivity and 82.6% specificity; 16 (21.33%) of the patients scored 31 or higher. The 13-item FS-A has acceptable psychometric properties and is able to identify adolescent oncology patients with high fatigue...
- Understanding the clinical implications of minimal residual disease in childhood leukemiaBelinda N Mandrell
St Jude University of Pennsylvania, Distance Learning Program, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 23:38-44. 2006..Therefore, it is imperative that the nurse have an understanding of the newer techniques to study residual leukemia and their clinical implications for patients and their families...
- Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy for Children With Brain TumorsJessica Sparrow
Rehabilitation Services Dr Sparrow, Department of Biostatistics Dr Zhu, Department of Oncology Dr Gajjar, Department of Pediatric Medicine Dr Mandrell, and Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control Dr Ness, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
Pediatr Phys Ther 29:55-61. 2017..The purpose of this pilot study was to investigate the feasibility of a 3-week constraint-induced movement therapy program in children with brain tumors and upper extremity hemiplegia and to describe resultant change in extremity use...
- Play-based procedural preparation and support intervention for cranial radiationShawna Grissom
Child Life Program, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, MS 121, Memphis, TN, 38105, USA
Support Care Cancer 24:2421-7. 2016..The secondary objective was to analyze the cost-effectiveness of the intervention compared to costs associated with daily sedation...
- Does phase 1 trial enrollment preclude quality end-of-life care? Phase 1 trial enrollment and end-of-life care characteristics in children with cancerDeena R Levine
Division of Quality of Life and Palliative Care, Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
Cancer 121:1508-12. 2015..The current study was conducted in pediatric oncology patients to determine whether end-of-life characteristics differed between those who were and were not enrolled in a phase 1 trial...
- Secondary breast cancer in a woman treated for Hodgkin lymphoma as a childBelinda N Mandrell
Division of Nursing Research, Patient Care Services, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 21:27-9. 2007