Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Perturbation of HP1 localization and chromatin binding ability causes defects in sister-chromatid cohesionAkira Inoue
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mutat Res 657:48-55. 2008..These results indicate that proper HP1 status is required for sister-chromatid cohesion in mammalian cells, and suggest that HP1alpha might be required for chromosome condensation...
- Small molecule inhibitors of PCNA/PIP-box interaction suppress translesion DNA synthesisMarcelo Actis
Department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 21:1972-7. 2013..PCNA inhibitors increased γH2AX induction and cell viability reduction mediated by cisplatin. Taken together, these findings suggest that inhibitors of PCNA/PIP-box interaction could chemosensitize cells to cisplatin by inhibiting TLS...
- Mammalian ChlR1 has a role in heterochromatin organizationAkira Inoue
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
Exp Cell Res 317:2522-35. 2011..These data suggest that in addition to a role in sister-chromatid cohesion, ChlR1 is also involved in the proper formation of heterochromatin, which in turn contributes to global nuclear organization and pleiotropic effects...
- Identification of small molecule proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) inhibitor that disrupts interactions with PIP-box proteins and inhibits DNA replicationChandanamali Punchihewa
Department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 287:14289-300. 2012..When cells were treated with a combination of cisplatin and T2AA, a significant increase in phospho(Ser(139))histone H2AX induction and cell growth inhibition was observed...
- Loss of ChlR1 helicase in mouse causes lethality due to the accumulation of aneuploid cells generated by cohesion defects and placental malformationAkira Inoue
Department Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cell Cycle 6:1646-54. 2007....
- A novel assay revealed that ribonucleotide reductase is functionally important for interstrand DNA crosslink repairNaoaki Fujii
Department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105, USA Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem 23:6912-21. 2015..The assay approach could identify other molecules essential for ICLR in quantitative and flexible manner...