Affiliation: St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital
- A comparison of two hospitalist models with traditional care in a community teaching hospitalLakshmi K Halasyamani
Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital, Departments of Internal Medicine, Pathology, and the Quality Institute, Ann Arbor, MI 48197, USA
Am J Med 118:536-43. 2005..However, less is known about the concurrent performance of more than one hospitalist model in a single site...
- Transition of care for hospitalized elderly patients--development of a discharge checklist for hospitalistsL Halasyamani
Society of Hospital Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Hosp Med 1:354-60. 2006..Standardizing the elements of the discharge process may help to address the gaps in quality and safety that occur when patients transition from the hospital to an outpatient setting...
- Conflicting measures of hospital quality: ratings from "Hospital Compare" versus "Best Hospitals"Lakshmi K Halasyamani
Department of Internal Medicine, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48197, USA
J Hosp Med 2:128-34. 2007..We compared the ranking of U.S. News and World Report's "Best Hospitals" with Hospital Compare performance ratings...
- An electronic strategy to identify hospitalized heart failure patientsLakshmi K Halasyamani
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48197, USA
J Hosp Med 2:409-14. 2007..We describe the accuracy of using an electronic pharmacy-based strategy to identify hospitalized patients likely to have a principal diagnosis of HF at discharge...
- Predicting life expectancy in men with clinically localized prostate cancerMark E Cowen
Quality Institute, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan Department of Medicine, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Urol 175:99-103. 2006..Little is known about the accuracy of existing rules for deriving these estimates. We developed a new prediction rule and examined the accuracy of 2 others in our data set...
- Organizational structure for addressing the attributes of the ideal healthcare delivery systemMark Cowen
Clinical Decision Services, Quality Institute, St Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Healthc Manag 53:407-18; discussion 419. 2008..Clinical information for planning and evaluation is available at all levels. This model provides a framework for identifying the individuals and processes necessary to achieve IOM's vision...