Jie J Cao
Affiliation: St. Francis Hospital
- Cardiovascular and mortality risk prediction and stratification using urinary albumin excretion in older adults ages 68-102: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
Research Department, St Francis Hospital, Division of Cardiology, Stony Brook University, SUNY, 100 Port Washington Boulevard, Roslyn, NY 11576, United States
Atherosclerosis 197:806-13. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that elevated UAE improves cardiovascular risk stratification in an elderly cohort aged 68-102 years...
- Relationship of phasic left atrial volume and emptying function to left ventricular filling pressure: a cardiovascular magnetic resonance studyKanna Posina
St, Francis Hospital, Roslyn, NY, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:99. 2013..Left atrial volume (LAV) and emptying fraction (LAEF) are phasic during cardiac cycle. Their relationships to left ventricular end diastolic pressure (LVEDP) have not been fully defined...
- Effects of hemodynamics on global and regional lung perfusion: a quantitative lung perfusion study by magnetic resonance imagingJie J Cao
St Francis Hospital, Roslyn, NY 11576, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 5:693-9. 2012..We sought to investigate the relationship between hemodynamic abnormalities in patients with left heart failure and global and regional lung perfusion using lung perfusion quantification by magnetic resonance imaging...
- Effects of respiratory cycle and body position on quantitative pulmonary perfusion by MRIJie J Cao
Research Department, St Francis Hospital The Heart Center, Roslyn, New York, USA Division of Cardiology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11576, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:225-30. 2011..To evaluate the performance of lung perfusion imaging using two-dimensional (2D) first pass perfusion MRI and a quantitation program based on model-independent deconvolution algorithm...
- Left ventricular filling pressure assessment using left atrial transit time by cardiac magnetic resonance imagingJie J Cao
St Francis Hospital, Research Department, State University of New York Stony Brook, 100 Port Washington Blvd, Roslyn, NY 11576, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:130-8. 2011..In the present study, we developed a novel method to determine LA circulation transit time (LATT) by MRI and demonstrated its close association with LV filling pressure...
- Association of carotid artery intima-media thickness, plaques, and C-reactive protein with future cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1061, Bldg 10, Room B1D 416, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Circulation 116:32-8. 2007..We investigated the relationship between carotid atherosclerosis and CRP and their joint roles in CVD prediction...
- The relationship of cardiovascular risk factors to microalbuminuria in older adults with or without diabetes mellitus or hypertension: the cardiovascular health studyJoshua I Barzilay
Kaiser Permanente of Georgia, Tucker, GA 30084, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 44:25-34. 2004..Microalbuminuria is a risk factor for coronary heart disease (CHD). It occurs most commonly in the settings of diabetes and hypertension. The mechanisms by which it increases CHD risk are uncertain...
- The association of microalbuminuria with clinical cardiovascular disease and subclinical atherosclerosis in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Atherosclerosis 187:372-7. 2006..It is not known whether this association is due to the effect of MA on the development of subclinical atherosclerosis or whether MA destabilizes subclinical atherosclerosis, leading to clinical events...
- Relation of chronic and acute glycemic control on mortality in acute myocardial infarction with diabetes mellitusJie J Cao
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:183-6. 2005..Baseline glycohemoglobin strongly correlated with admission hyperglycemia but did not predict mortality independently...
- Predicting maximum heart rate among patients with coronary heart disease receiving beta-adrenergic blockade therapyClinton A Brawner
Preventive Cardiology, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Mich, USA
Am Heart J 148:910-4. 2004..The purpose of this study was to develop and validate an age-specific equation to predict HR(max) in patients with CHD who are receiving BB therapy...
- C-reactive protein, carotid intima-media thickness, and incidence of ischemic stroke in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Mich, USA
Circulation 108:166-70. 2003..We investigated whether elevated CRP is a risk factor for ischemic stroke independent of carotid IMT and studied the interaction between CRP and IMT...