Sanjiv S Agarwala
Affiliation: St. Luke's Hospital
- Current and future adjuvant immunotherapies for melanoma: blockade of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 as a novel approachSanjiv S Agarwala
Medical Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 37:133-42. 2011..Here, we provide an overview of the current unmet needs in the adjuvant therapy of melanoma and evaluate the potential of CTLA-4 blockade as a future therapeutic option in this setting...
- An update on pegylated IFN-α2b for the adjuvant treatment of melanomaSanjiv S Agarwala
St Luke s Cancer Center, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 12:1449-59. 2012..In addition, emerging evidence suggests that PEG-IFN-α2b therapy may provide clinically significant overall survival benefit for selected high-risk patients...
- Novel immunotherapies as potential therapeutic partners for traditional or targeted agents: cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 blockade in advanced melanomaSanjiv S Agarwala
Medical Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Melanoma Res 20:1-10. 2010..Novel combinations are reviewed in the context of creating an immunosupportive environment in the host...
- Everolimus (RAD001) in the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma: a reviewSanjiv S Agarwala
Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Oncologist 15:236-45. 2010..This review describes the clinical development of everolimus in advanced RCC and the rationale for the use of mTOR inhibitors after failure of VEGF/VEGFR inhibitors...
- Current systemic therapy for metastatic melanomaSanjiv S Agarwala
St Luke s Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Bethlehem, PA, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 9:587-95. 2009..Research is ongoing in exploring novel immunotherapeutic and targeted approaches. The status of recently completed and ongoing trials is discussed in this review...
- Meeting report: consensus from the first and second Global Workshops in Melanoma November 19-20, 2008Sanjiv S Agarwala
Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, PA, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 22:532-43. 2009....
- Safety and efficacy of arsenic trioxide for patients with advanced metastatic melanomaAhmad A Tarhini
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer 112:1131-8. 2008..Arsenic trioxide (ATO) cytotoxicity and apoptosis induction has been demonstrated with numerous cancer cell lines, including human melanoma...
- Risk of treatment failure after first-line sunitinib therapy in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaChi Chang Chen
SDI Health, Plymouth Meeting, PA SDI, University of Pennsylvania, Plymouth Meeting, PA Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ Minnesota Hem Onc, Minneapolis, MN St Luke s Hospital and Health Network, Bethlehem, PA
J Clin Oncol 30:438. 2012....
- Durable complete responses with high-dose bolus interleukin-2 in patients with metastatic melanoma who have experienced progression after biochemotherapyAhmad A Tarhini
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3802-7. 2007..We conducted a phase II trial of high-dose bolus (HDB) interleukin-2 (IL-2) in patients with metastatic melanoma who had experienced progression after biochemotherapy (BCT)...
- Second-line treatment outcomes after first-line sunitinib therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinomaChi Chang Chen
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, IMS Health, Plymouth Meeting, PA, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 10:256-61. 2012..02-3.07]; P = .043). The results of this real-world data analysis suggest that the risk of second-line treatment failure after first-line sunitinib was significantly higher with temsirolimus and sorafenib compared with everolimus...
- LDH correlation with survival in advanced melanoma from two large, randomised trials (Oblimersen GM301 and EORTC 18951)Sanjiv S Agarwala
St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Eur J Cancer 45:1807-14. 2009..1xupper limit of normal (ULN)]. Each stratification factor was assessed for an interaction with treatment on survival and an interaction was detected only for LDH...
- Current experience with CTLA4-blocking monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of solid tumorsSanjiv S Agarwala
Department of Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
J Immunother 33:557-69. 2010....
- Radiosurgery for the treatment of spinal melanoma metastasesPeter C Gerszten
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 83:213-21. 2005..This study evaluated the clinical efficacy of radiosurgery for the treatment of melanoma spinal metastases in 28 patients...
- Melanoma vaccinesLee B Riley
St Luke s Cancer Center, St Luke s Hospital and Health Network, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 7:937-49. 2008..The objective of this review is to provide an overall summary of recent clinical trials with melanoma vaccines and highlight novel vaccine strategies to evaluate in the near future...
- Novel agents in development for the treatment of melanomaAhmad A Tarhini
Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 14:885-92. 2005....
- Melanoma adjuvant therapyPrashanth M Thalanayar
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Chin Clin Oncol 3:26. 2014..Here, we review the standard of care melanoma adjuvant therapy along with the main completed, current and planned clinical trials. ..