Carol E Green
Affiliation: SRI International
- Improved oral bioavailability in rats of SR13668, a novel anti-cancer agentCarol E Green
Biosciences Division, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:995-1006. 2011..The objective of these studies was to better understand the source of low oral exposure and to develop a formulation that could be used in preclinical development studies...
- Effect of resveratrol on 17beta-estradiol sulfation by human hepatic and jejunal S9 and recombinant sulfotransferase 1E1Anna M Furimsky
Toxicology and Metabolism, Biosciences Division, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:129-36. 2008..These findings also imply that resveratrol may inhibit the metabolism of other estrogen analogs or therapeutic agents such as ethinylestradiol or dietary components that are also substrates for SULT1E1...
- The stereoselective sulfate conjugation of 4'-methoxyfenoterol stereoisomers by sulfotransferase enzymesLalitha V Iyer
Biosciences Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, California, USA
Chirality 24:796-803. 2012..In conclusion, the results suggest that a formulation developed from a mixture of (R,R')-MF and (S,R')-MF may increase the oral bioavailability of (R,R')-MF...
- Toxicity of a quinocarmycin analog, DX-52-1, in rats and dogs in relation to clinical outcomeJon C Mirsalis
Toxicology Laboratory, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025 3493, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 51:193-201. 2003....
- Absorption, tissue distribution and elimination of 4-[(3)h]-epigallocatechin gallate in beagle dogsRobert R Swezey
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, SRI International, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Int J Toxicol 22:187-93. 2003..These results are generally in accord with previous studies in rodents and indicate that, after oral administration, EGCG (as parent compound and metabolites) is widely distributed to tissues where it can exert a chemopreventive effect...
- Glucuronidation of 1'-hydroxyestragole (1'-HE) by human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases UGT2B7 and UGT1A9Lalitha V Iyer
Biopharmaceutical Division, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Toxicol Sci 73:36-43. 2003..Our results also have toxicogenetic significance, as UGT2B7 is polymorphic and could potentially result in genetic differences in glucuronidation of 1'-HE and, hence, toxicity of estragole...
- A systematic screen of FDA-approved drugs for inhibitors of biological threat agentsPeter B Madrid
Center for Infectious Disease and Biodefense Research, SRI International, Menlo Park, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60579. 2013..Therefore, approved drugs could rapidly be made available for a new indication in an emergency...
- Toxicogenomics and metabolomics of pentamethylchromanol (PMCol)-induced hepatotoxicityToufan Parman
Biosciences Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, California 94025 3493, USA
Toxicol Sci 124:487-501. 2011....
- Development of a new generation of 4-aminoquinoline antimalarial compounds using predictive pharmacokinetic and toxicology modelsSunetra Ray
SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
J Med Chem 53:3685-95. 2010..When tested in mice, these compounds were found to have biological half-lives and plasma exposure values similar to or higher than those of CQ; they are therefore desirable candidates to pursue in future clinical trials...
- Formulation approaches to improving the delivery of an antiviral drug with activity against seasonal fluSrinivasa M Sammeta
Pharmaceutical Development, Biosciences Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 20:169-75. 2015..Pharmacokinetic studies were carried out in male Sprague-Dawley rats for the selected formulations. The relative bioavailabilities of the drug with the co-solvent- and cyclodextrin-based formulations were found to be similar...
- Discovery and optimization of benzotriazine di-N-oxides targeting replicating and nonreplicating Mycobacterium tuberculosisSidharth Chopra
Center for Infectious Disease and Biodefense Research, Bioscience Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025 3493, USA
J Med Chem 55:6047-60. 2012..These data along with measurements of the physiochemical properties and pharmacokinetic profile demonstrate that BTOs have the potential to be developed into a new class of antitubercular drugs...
- Pharmacokinetics of the antimalarial drug, AQ-13, in rats and cynomolgus macaquesSandhya Ramanathan-Girish
SRI International, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Int J Toxicol 23:179-89. 2004....
- Evaluating the toxicity of novel Zn-DTPA tablet formulation in dogs and ratsGita N Shankar
SRI International, Biosciences Division, Menlo Park, CA, USA
Drug Dev Res 75:37-46. 2014..For rats, the NOAEL was estimated to be greater than 1000 mg/kg/day when administered by oral gavage of the crushed Zn-DTPA tablets as suspension once daily (qd) to male and female Sprague Dawley rats...
- (R,S)-Ketamine metabolites (R,S)-norketamine and (2S,6S)-hydroxynorketamine increase the mammalian target of rapamycin functionRajib K Paul
From the Laboratory of Clinical Investigation R K P, N S S, M K, R M, M S, I W W and Translational Gerontology Branch M B, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland SRI Biosciences, SRI International, Menlo Park, California C E G, K O and Department of Anesthesiology, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Camden, New Jersey M C T, I W W
Anesthesiology 121:149-59. 2014....
- Glucuronidation of trans-resveratrol by human liver and intestinal microsomes and UGT isoformsShirley S Brill
Toxicology and Metabolism, Biosciences Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:469-79. 2006..2 +/- 2.1 microM) and 7-HFC (Ki = 0.6 +/- 0.2 microM). Hence, resveratrol has the potential to inhibit the glucuronidation of concomitantly administered therapeutic drugs or dietary components that are substrates of UGT1A1 and UGT1A9...
- Simultaneous determination of myristyl nicotinate, nicotinic acid, and nicotinamide in rabbit plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry using methyl ethyl ketone as a deproteinization solventPaul Catz
Toxicology and Metabolism Laboratory, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Ave Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 829:123-35. 2005....