Michele R Spoont
- A Prospective Study of Racial and Ethnic Variation in VA Psychotherapy Services for PTSDMichele R Spoont
Dr Spoont is with the Pacific Islands Division, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Honolulu, and with the Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis U S Department of Veterans Affairs VA Healthcare System, Minneapolis, where the other authors are affiliated e mail
Psychiatr Serv . 2016....
- Practical psychotherapy: Adaptation of dialectical behavior therapy by a VA Medical CenterMichele R Spoont
Minneapolis Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 116B, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:627-9. 2003
- From trauma to PTSD: beliefs about sensations, symptoms, and mental illnessMichele R Spoont
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Qual Health Res 19:1456-65. 2009..Difficulties that veterans experienced in evaluating their posttrauma reactions and in labeling them as PTSD mirror issues that have been raised about the diagnosis of PTSD in the professional literature...
- Race and ethnicity as factors in mental health service use among veterans with PTSDMichele R Spoont
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:648-53. 2009..After adjustment, veteran race, but not Hispanic ethnicity, was associated with decreases in some pharmacotherapy measures and increases in some counseling measures...
- Treatment receipt by veterans after a PTSD diagnosis in PTSD, mental health, or general medical clinicsMichele R Spoont
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA michele spoont va gov
Psychiatr Serv 61:58-63. 2010....
- Does filing a post-traumatic stress disorder disability claim promote mental health care participation among veterans?Michele R Spoont
Center for Chronic Disease Outcome Research, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Mil Med 172:572-5. 2007..For veterans with PTSD, disability system participation may both promote and be promoted by receipt of mental health care...
- Long-term outcomes of disability benefits in US veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderMaureen Murdoch
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Section of General Internal Medicine, Minneapolis Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:1072-80. 2011..Such practices may bias findings against recipients because disability applicants tend to be much sicker than never-applicants. Furthermore, these studies ignore the outcomes of denied claimants...
- Autobiographical memories of anger in violent and non-violent individuals: a script-driven imagery studyMichele R Spoont
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, 3E 111 0, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Psychiatry Res 183:225-9. 2010..Violent subjects demonstrated relatively greater activations in the left amygdala, pontine, and cerebellar regions compared to control subjects...