Mitchell J Spirt
- Stress-related Mucosal DiseaseMitchell J Spirt
2080 Century Park East, Suite 1106, Los Angeles, CA 90067, USA
Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 6:135-145. 2003..Preliminary studies have demonstrated a significant reduction in SRMD bleeding for patients receiving PPI prophylaxis. PPIs may become an effective tool for reducing the incidence of SRMD in critically ill patients...
- Acid suppression in critically ill patients: what does the evidence support?Mitchell J Spirt
Division of Gastroenterology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:87S-93S. 2003..They should be considered first-line therapy for patients undergoing endoscopic hemostasis and for those with stigmata of upper gastrointestinal bleeding...
- Stress-related mucosal disease: risk factors and prophylactic therapyMitchell J Spirt
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Ther 26:197-213. 2004..Caused by mucosal ischemia, SRMD is most commonly seen in critically ill patients in the intensive care unit (ICU). Prophylaxis of stress ulcers may reduce major bleeding but has not yet been shown to improve survival...
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections: a focus on appendicitis and diverticulitisMitchell J Spirt
Division of Gastroenterology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90067, USA
Postgrad Med 122:39-51. 2010..This review article compares the presentations and treatments of these common complicated intra-abdominal infections...
- Update on stress ulcer prophylaxis in critically ill patientsMitchell J Spirt
Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Crit Care Nurse 26:18-20, 22-8; quiz 29. 2006