J M Reich
Affiliation: Southern Iron Disorders Center
- Mortality of intrathoracic sarcoidosis in referral vs population-based settings: influence of stage, ethnicity, and corticosteroid therapyJerome M Reich
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Northwest Region, Portland, OR, USA
Chest 121:32-9. 2002..To compare the sarcoidosis mortality in referral settings (RS) and population-based settings (PS), and to identify the contribution of stage, ethnicity, and corticosteroid therapy (CST) to their disparate outcomes...
- Neoplasia in the etiology of sarcoidosisJerome M Reich
Earl A Chiles Research Institute, A 622, Portland, OR 97225, USA
Eur J Intern Med 17:81-7. 2006..This paper reviews the evidence that malignant neoplasms may incite a systemic granulomatous response virtually indistinguishable from sarcoidosis, and that this response favorably influences the course in some instances...
- Lung cancer growth dynamicsJerome M Reich
Thoracic Oncology Program, Earle A Chiles Research Center, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Portland State University, Portland, OR 97225 7007, United States
Eur J Radiol 80:e458-61. 2011..For example, in the Mayo Clinic computerized tomography trial, stage IA tumor volume doubling time was 230 days...
- What is sarcoidosis?Jerome M Reich
Chest 124:367-71. 2003
- Improved survival and higher mortality: the conundrum of lung cancer screeningJerome M Reich
Chest 122:329-37. 2002
- A critical appraisal of overdiagnosis: estimates of its magnitude and implications for lung cancer screeningJ M Reich
Thoracic Oncology Program, Earl A Chiles Research Institute, Portland Providence Medical Center, 7400 SW Barnes Rd, A622, Portland, OR 97225, USA
Thorax 63:377-83. 2008....
- Estimated impact of LDCT-identified stage IA non-small-cell lung cancer on screening efficacyJerome M Reich
Earl A Chiles Research Institute, Portland Providence Medical Center, Att Claudia Haywood, Bldg A, 4805 NE Glisan St Portland, OR 97213, United States
Lung Cancer 52:265-71. 2006..Preliminary evidence from CT screening trials fails to support the premise that it diminishes the absolute number of advanced lung cancers...
- Adverse long-term effect of corticosteroid therapy in recent-onset sarcoidosisJerome M Reich
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 20:227-34. 2003....
- Lung cancer screening: contumacy vs mendacityJerome M Reich
Chest 123:963-4. 2003
- Lung-cancer screeningJerome M Reich
N Engl J Med 353:2194-5; author reply 2194-5. 2005
- Assessing the efficacy of lung cancer screeningJerome M Reich
Radiology 238:398-401. 2006
- A requirement for histologic confirmation of stage I sarcoidosis is far more likely to prove harmful than helpfulJerome M Reich
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 24:77. 2007
- Tissue verification of stage I sarcoidosis: the question is if, not howJerome M Reich
Chest 133:1529; author reply 1529-30. 2008