Jonathan B Perlin
Affiliation: Southern Hills Medical Center
- Information technology and the inferential gapJonathan B Perlin
HCA Healthcare, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:w192-4. 2007....
- A bundled approach to reduce methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in a system of community hospitalsJonathan B Perlin
Clinical and Physician Services Group, HCA
J Healthc Qual 35:57-68; quiz 68-9. 2013....
- Making patients healthier. The 'ABCs' drastically reduce healthcare-associated infectionsJonathan B Perlin
Healthc Exec 22:60, 62. 2007
- Government, health and system transformationJonathan B Perlin
HCA Hospital Corporation of America, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 153:415-34. 2010..This chapter provides an overview of the major governmental roles in health care as formally structured and identifies points of influence in the political process...
- Does chlorhexidine bathing in adult intensive care units reduce blood culture contamination? A pragmatic cluster-randomized trialEdward J Septimus
Hospital Corporation of America, Nashville, Tennessee
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 35:S17-22. 2014..To determine rates of blood culture contamination comparing 3 strategies to prevent intensive care unit (ICU) infections: screening and isolation, targeted decolonization, and universal decolonization...
- Infection prevention practices in adult intensive care units in a large community hospital system after implementing strategies to reduce health care-associated, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infectionsJulia Moody
Clinical Services Group, HCA Inc, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Am J Infect Control 41:126-30. 2013..Understanding the variation in practices among facilities is necessary to improve compliance with existing programs and aid the implementation of new interventions...
- Improved outcomes, fewer cesarean deliveries, and reduced litigation: results of a new paradigm in patient safetySteven L Clark
Hospital Corporation of America, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:105.e1-7. 2008..Since the inception of this program, we have seen improvements in patient outcomes, a dramatic decline in litigation claims, and a reduction in the primary cesarean delivery rate...
- Self-reported performance improvement strategies of highly successful Veterans Health Administration facilitiesThomas J Craig
Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Quality and Performance, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Med Qual 22:438-44. 2007..However, some evidence-based implementation strategies were rarely cited (eg, use of clinical champions)...
- Advancing evidence-based care for diabetes: lessons from the Veterans Health AdministrationJoel Kupersmith
Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:w156-68. 2007..Off-the-shelf" technology is unlikely to generate similar benefits if these attributes are not in place...
- Improving performance through knowledge translation in the Veterans Health AdministrationJoseph Francis
Health Services Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 26:63-71. 2006....
- The Veterans Health Administration: quality, value, accountability, and information as transforming strategies for patient-centered careJonathan B Perlin
Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC 20420, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:828-36. 2004....