Affiliation: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Distribution of antibody titer against Salmonella enterica among healthy individuals in nepalBharat M Pokhrel
Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 8:1. 2009..Enteric fever is an endemic problem in Nepal and Widal agglutination test is widely used for its diagnosis but a normal baseline titer in healthy population and cutoff values have not been established...
- Plague: disease, management, and recognition of act of terrorismJanak Koirala
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 751 North Rutledge, Room 1100, Springfield, IL 62702, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 20:273-87, viii. 2006
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor dosing in pegylated interferon alpha-induced neutropenia and its impact on outcome of anti-HCV therapyJ Koirala
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Springfield, IL 62794 9636, USA
J Viral Hepat 14:782-7. 2007..Timing of G-CSF administration did not make any significant impact on the patient's neutrophil counts but was better tolerated when given 2 days apart from PEG-IFN-alpha...
- Interferon-gamma receptors in HIV-1 infectionJanak Koirala
Division of Infectious Diseases, Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9636, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:1097-102. 2008..This dysfunction in the interferon-gamma pathway contributes to a further impairment in cellular immune function in patients with advanced HIV-1 infection, which may further increase susceptibility to opportunistic infections...
- Infections in diabetes mellitus and hyperglycemiaSmita Gupta
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Molecular Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 701 North First Street, D 405B, PO Box 19636, Springfield, IL 62794 9636, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 21:617-38, vii. 2007..Given the risks of not alleviating the metabolic dysregulation and the benefits of decent glycemic control, it is necessary that besides antimicrobial therapy, equal emphasis be placed on intensified glycemic control...
- Initial antiretroviral therapy in chronically-infected HIV-positive adultsZelalem Temesgen
Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Division of Infectious Diseases, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:595-612. 2004....
- Subgroup analyses of maraviroc in previously treated R5 HIV-1 infectionGerd Fatkenheuer
Universitätsklinik Köln, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1442-55. 2008....
- Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infectionRoy M Gulick
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1429-41. 2008..CC chemokine receptor 5 antagonists are a new class of antiretroviral agents...
- Famciclovir substitution for patients with acyclovir-associated renal toxicityTin Han Htwe
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, P O Box 19636, IL 62794 9636, USA
J Infect 57:266-8. 2008..All four patients subsequently had improvements in their symptoms with full recovery of their baseline renal function...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic aspects of antibiotic use in high-risk populationsScott J Bergman
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Pharmacy, Edwardsville, IL, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 21:821-46, x. 2007..The populations described here include patients with obesity and diabetes mellitus, renal or hepatic failure, chronic lung disease, severe burns, and long-term prosthetic devices and the elderly...
- Multidrug-resistant and extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Salmonella enterica (serotypes Typhi and Paratyphi A) from blood isolates in Nepal: surveillance of resistance and a search for newer alternativesBharat M Pokharel
Department of Microbiology, Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
Int J Infect Dis 10:434-8. 2006..The MDR strains of S. enterica were also tested for susceptibility to newer antibiotics...
- Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole--induced methemoglobinemia in an HIV-infected patientJanak Koirala
Mayo Clin Proc 79:829-30. 2004
- Treatment of central nervous system infection by vancomycin-resistant enterococcus faeciumTermkiat Kanchanapoom
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 45:213-5. 2003..v. quinupristin/dalfopristin and i.v. linezolid. The patient deteriorated after receiving three dosages of intraventricular quinupristin/dalfopristin. He recovered after discontinuation of intraventricular quinupristin/dalfopristin...