M S Evans
Affiliation: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Electrophysiology of embryonic, adult and aged rat hippocampal neurons in serum-free cultureM S Evans
Department of Neurology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield 62794, USA
J Neurosci Methods 79:37-46. 1998..Our results indicate that both embryonic and adult cultured neurons retain a clearly neuronal electrophysiological phenotype in Neurobasal/B27 serum-free medium...
- Age-related differences in NMDA responses in cultured rat hippocampal neuronsC Cady
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, P.O. Box 19626, Springfield, IL 62794-9626, USA
Brain Res 921:1-11. 2001..996). Our data support the hypothesis that NMDAR responsiveness is altered during aging with an enhanced NMDA peak current in both old and embryonic neurons compared to middle-age neurons...
- Temperature and time interval for culture of postmortem neurons from adult rat cortexJ J Viel
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794-9626, USA
J Neurosci Res 64:311-21. 2001..These findings should encourage donation of human postmortem brain neurons for studies on ischemia, adult pharmacology, and neurological disease...
- Decreased GABA and increased glutamate receptor-mediated activity on inferior colliculus neurons in vitro are associated with susceptibility to ethanol withdrawal seizuresC Faingold
Departments of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, P O Box 19629, Springfield, IL 62794 9629, USA
Brain Res 868:287-95. 2000..The common changes in IC neurotransmission in these AGS forms may be general mechanisms subserving AGS and other forms of auditory system pathophysiology in which the IC is implicated...
- Cholinergic-nitrergic transmitter mechanisms in the cerebral circulationT J Lee
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9629, USA
Microsc Res Tech 53:119-28. 2001..In this communication, evidence for the neuronal origin of NO and possible role of ACh in modulating NO release in large cerebral arteries at the base of the brain will be discussed...
- Intraoperative human vagus nerve compound action potentialsM S Evans
Department of Neurology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 110:232-8. 2004..Our objective was to measure compound action potentials of human vagus nerve fiber groups intraoperatively by stimulation using a commercially available generator and electrode system (Neurocybernetic Prosthesis System, NCP)...