Affiliation: Southern Illinois University
- Sparsity optimization method for multivariate feature screening for gene expression analysisQiang Cheng
Computer Science Department, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, USA
J Comput Biol 16:1241-52. 2009..The effectiveness of our method is confirmed by our experimental results. The computer programs will be publicly available...
- A sparse learning machine for high-dimensional data with application to microarray gene analysisQiang Cheng
Computer Science Department, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform 7:636-46. 2010..We use conjugate gradient-based primal-dual interior-point techniques for large-scale problems. We apply our procedure to microarray gene analysis. The effectiveness of our method is confirmed by experimental results...
- The Fisher-Markov selector: fast selecting maximally separable feature subset for multiclass classification with applications to high-dimensional dataQiang Cheng
Department of Computer Science, Faner Hall, Mailcode 4511, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 1000 Faner Drive, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 33:1217-33. 2011....
- Novel regulatory small RNAs in Streptococcus pyogenesRafael A Tesorero
Department of Microbiology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e64021. 2013..Further, to screen target mRNAs of an sRNA, we employed differential RNA sequencing analysis. This study provides a significant resource for future study of small RNAs and their roles in physiology and pathogenesis of S. pyogenes...
- Real-time vector quantization and clustering based on ordinary differential equationsJie Cheng
Department of Computer Science, University of Hawaii, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Netw 22:2143-8. 2011..The proposed system is applied to two real-world problems, providing comparable results to the best reported findings. This validates the effectiveness of our proposed approach...
- LogDet Rank Minimization with Application to Subspace ClusteringZhao Kang
Computer Science Department, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Comput Intell Neurosci 2015:824289. 2015..Experimental results on motion segmentation and face clustering data demonstrate that the proposed method often outperforms state-of-the-art subspace clustering algorithms. ..
- A genome-wide analysis of RNA pseudoknots that stimulate efficient -1 ribosomal frameshifting or readthrough in animal virusesXiaolan Huang
Department of Computer Science, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Biomed Res Int 2013:984028. 2013..A novel mechanism is proposed for possible involvement of the elaborated pseudoknots in the HIV1 PRF event. ..