Genomes and Genes
H J Meadows
Affiliation: SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
- Cloning, localisation and functional expression of the human orthologue of the TREK-1 potassium channelH J Meadows
Neuroscience Research, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex, UK
Pflugers Arch 439:714-22. 2000..Only low levels of expression were seen in the majority of peripheral regions. Thus, hTREK-1, although functionally and pharmacologically similar to mouse TREK-1, appears to have a more CNS-specific distribution...
- The neuroprotective agent sipatrigine (BW619C89) potently inhibits the human tandem pore-domain K(+) channels TREK-1 and TRAAKH J Meadows
Neuroscience Research, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Brain Res 892:94-101. 2001..The related compound lamotrigine, which is a better anticonvulsant but weaker neuroprotective agent than sipatrigine, was a far less effective antagonist of both channels, producing <10% inhibition at a concentration of 10 microM...
- Functional characterisation of human TASK-3, an acid-sensitive two-pore domain potassium channelH J Meadows
Neuroscience Research, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Neuropharmacology 40:551-9. 2001..4. Furthermore, the activity of TASK-3 was potentiated by the volatile anaesthetic halothane but inhibited by the local anaesthetic bupivacaine...
- Cloning, localisation and functional expression of a novel human, cerebellum specific, two pore domain potassium channelC G Chapman
Biotechnology and Genetics, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Essex CM19 5AW, Harlow, UK
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 82:74-83. 2000..TASK-3 is inhibited by extracellular acidosis with a mid-point of inhibition around pH 6. 5, supporting the predictions from the sequence data that this is a third human TASK (TWIK-related acid sensitive K(+) channel) gene...
- Cloning and functional expression of a human orthologue of rat vanilloid receptor-1P Hayes
Department of Biotechnology and Genetics, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park North, Third Avenue, Harlow CM19 5AW, UK
Pain 88:205-15. 2000..Together the sequence homology, similar expression profile and functional properties confirm that the cloned cDNA represents the human orthologue of rat VR1...
- Distribution and expression of TREK-1, a two-pore-domain potassium channel, in the adult rat CNSG J Hervieu
Neuroscience Research, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Third Avenue, Essex CM19 5AW, Harlow, UK
Neuroscience 103:899-919. 2001..These studies indicate a widespread distribution of TREK-1 potassium channels throughout the rat brain and spinal cord, with expression in a number of areas being demonstrated to be present on GABA-containing neurones...
- Recombinant hTASK1 is an O(2)-sensitive K(+) channelA Lewis
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:1290-4. 2001..These data represent the first direct verification that hTASK1 is O(2)-sensitive and reinforce the idea that this K(+) channel is key to O(2) sensing in chemoreceptors...
- Acute hypoxia occludes hTREK-1 modulation: re-evaluation of the potential role of tandem P domain K+ channels in central neuroprotectionP Miller
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
J Physiol 548:31-7. 2003....