Affiliation: SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
- Power and efficiency of the TDT and case-control design for association scansRalph McGinnis
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom
Behav Genet 32:135-44. 2002..Nevertheless, possible population stratification needs to be addressed when the case-control design is applied...
- General equations for Pt, Ps, and the power of the TDT and the affected-sib-pair testR McGinnis
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 67:1340-7. 2000....
- Repeated replication and a prospective meta-analysis of the association between chromosome 9p21.3 and coronary artery diseaseHeribert Schunkert
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitat zu Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Circulation 117:1675-84. 2008..3 as affecting the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD). We investigated the association of this locus with CAD in 7 case-control studies and undertook a meta-analysis...
- Newly identified genetic risk variants for celiac disease related to the immune responseKaren A Hunt
Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 4 Newark Street, London E1 2AT, UK
Nat Genet 40:395-402. 2008..Type 1 diabetes and celiac disease share HLA-DQ, IL2-IL21, CCR3 and SH2B3 risk regions. Thus, this extensive genome-wide association follow-up study has identified additional celiac disease risk variants in relevant biological pathways...
- Association scan of 14,500 nonsynonymous SNPs in four diseases identifies autoimmunity variantsPaul R Burton
Genetic Epidemiology Group, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Adrian Building, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
Nat Genet 39:1329-37. 2007....
- Genetic determinants of ulcerative colitis include the ECM1 locus and five loci implicated in Crohn's diseaseSheila A Fisher
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, King s College London School of Medicine, 8th Floor Guy s Tower, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
Nat Genet 40:710-2. 2008..These data provide the first detailed illustration of the genetic relationship between these common inflammatory bowel diseases...
- A genome-wide association study for celiac disease identifies risk variants in the region harboring IL2 and IL21David A van Heel
Centre for Gastroenterology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Queen Mary University of London, London E1 2AT, UK
Nat Genet 39:827-9. 2007..3 x 10(-14), odds ratio = 0.63), suggesting that genetic variation in this region predisposes to celiac disease...
- Replication of genome-wide association signals in UK samples reveals risk loci for type 2 diabetesEleftheria Zeggini
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Science 316:1336-41. 2007..The regions identified underscore the importance of pathways influencing pancreatic beta cell development and function in the etiology of type 2 diabetes...
- Association of warfarin dose with genes involved in its action and metabolismMia Wadelius
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Hum Genet 121:23-34. 2007..Translation of this knowledge into clinical guidelines for warfarin prescription will be likely to have a major impact on the safety and efficacy of warfarin...
- Treasure hunting in a new era: genotyping of single nucleotide polymorphisms and the search for complex disease genes by association scansRalph McGinnis
Psychiatr Genet 12:63-6. 2002..In this article, I sketch empirical results and statistical theory that together form the scientific rationale for anticipating enhanced success in gene mapping in the new era that is now approaching...
- Common variants near MC4R are associated with fat mass, weight and risk of obesityRuth J F Loos
MRC Epidemiology Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Nat Genet 40:768-75. 2008....