Peter J Elliott
Affiliation: Sirtris Pharmaceuticals
- Sirtuins: novel targets for metabolic diseasePeter J Elliott
Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc, 200 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 9:371-8. 2008..As such, SRT-501 represents the first in a novel class of SIRT1 activators that has proven to be safe and well-tolerated in humans. Clinical trials in type 2 diabetic patients are currently underway...
- Sirtuins--novel therapeutic targets to treat age-associated diseasesSiva Lavu
Sirtris Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 7:841-53. 2008..Here, we discuss current knowledge and data that strengthens sirtuins as a druggable set of enzymes for the treatment of age-associated diseases, including activation of SIRT1 in type 2 diabetes...
- Small molecule activators of SIRT1 replicate signaling pathways triggered by calorie restriction in vivoJesse J Smith
Sirtris, a GSK Company, 200 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
BMC Syst Biol 3:31. 2009....
- Small molecule activators of SIRT1 as therapeutics for the treatment of type 2 diabetesJill C Milne
Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc, 790 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 450:712-6. 2007..Thus, SIRT1 activation is a promising new therapeutic approach for treating diseases of ageing such as type 2 diabetes...
- Proteasome inhibition ablates activation of NF-kappa B in myocardial reperfusion and reduces reperfusion injuryJoseph Pye
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H919-26. 2003..These data show that myocardial reperfusion injury can be inhibited by using proteasome inhibitors, which likely function through the inhibition of NF-kappaB activation...
- Phase I trial of the proteasome inhibitor PS-341 in patients with refractory hematologic malignanciesRobert Z Orlowski
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7295, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4420-7. 2002..To determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), and pharmacodynamics (PD) of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib (previously known as PS-341) in patients with refractory hematologic malignancies...
- Resveratrol delays age-related deterioration and mimics transcriptional aspects of dietary restriction without extending life spanKevin J Pearson
Laboratory of Experimental Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Cell Metab 8:157-68. 2008..Our findings indicate that resveratrol treatment has a range of beneficial effects in mice but does not increase the longevity of ad libitum-fed animals when started midlife...