Genomes and Genes
B L Bennett
Affiliation: Signal Pharmaceuticals
- SP600125, an anthrapyrazolone inhibitor of Jun N-terminal kinaseB L Bennett
Signal Research Division, Celgene Corporation, 5555 Oberlin Drive, San Diego, CA 92121 USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13681-6. 2001..Our study supports targeting JNK as an important strategy in inflammatory disease, apoptotic cell death, and cancer...
- Inhibitors of NF-kappaB and AP-1 gene expression: SAR studies on the pyrimidine portion of 2-chloro-4-trifluoromethylpyrimidine-5-[N-(3', 5'-bis(trifluoromethyl)phenyl)carboxamide]M S Palanki
Signal Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 5555 Oberlin Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Med Chem 43:3995-4004. 2000..If it was moved to the 6-position, the activity was lost. The 2-methyl analogue of 1 (81) showed comparable in vitro activity and improved Caco-2 permeability compared to 1...
- IKK-1 and IKK-2: cytokine-activated IkappaB kinases essential for NF-kappaB activationF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 5555 Oberlin Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Science 278:860-6. 1997..Mutant versions of IKK-2 had pronounced effects on RelA nuclear translocation and NF-kappaB-dependent reporter activity, consistent with a critical role for the IKK kinases in the NF-kappaB signaling pathway...
- IkappaB kinase (IKK)-associated protein 1, a common component of the heterogeneous IKK complexF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:1526-38. 1999..IKKAP1 therefore appears to mediate an essential step of the NF-kappaB signal transduction cascade. Heterogeneity of IKK complexes in vivo may provide a mechanism for differential regulation of NF-kappaB activation...
- Isolation of cDNAs and tissue specific expression of ovine glucose transportersB L Bennett
Dairy Science Group, AgResearch, Ruakura Research Centre, Hamilton, New Zealand
Biochem Mol Biol Int 37:9-16. 1995..This method has been used to isolate the corresponding ovine subclones...
- Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) signalling in experimentally induced gastric lesions in ratsK Mitsuyama
Second Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 143:24-9. 2006..These findings indicate that experimental gastric injury is associated with activation of the JNK signalling pathway, and also suggest that JNK inhibitors may play a role in the treatment of gastric injury in humans...
- Expression and regulation of inducible IkappaB kinase (IKK-i) in human fibroblast-like synoviocytesK R Aupperle
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Cell Immunol 214:54-9. 2001..This is the first report demonstrating constitutive expression and cytokine regulation of this novel kinase in primary human synovial cells...
- TAK1/JNK and p38 have opposite effects on rat hepatic stellate cellsB Schnabl
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Hepatology 34:953-63. 2001..These results show novel roles for the TAK1/JNK pathway and p38 during HSC activation in culture. Despite similar activators of TAK1/JNK and p38, their functions in HSCs are distinct and opposed...
- Inhibitor of nuclear factor kappaB kinase beta is a key regulator of synovial inflammationP P Tak
University of California (San Diego) School of Medicine, La Jolla, USA
Arthritis Rheum 44:1897-907. 2001..IKKbeta-dn-treated animals. CONCLUSION: IKKbeta plays a key role in rodent synovial inflammation. Intraarticular gene therapy to inhibit IKKbeta activity represents an attractive strategy for the treatment of chronic arthritis...
- NF-kappaB stimulates inducible nitric oxide synthase to protect mouse hepatocytes from TNF-alpha- and Fas-mediated apoptosisE Hatano
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Gastroenterology 120:1251-62. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: NO protects hepatocytes from TNF-alpha- and Fas-mediated apoptosis. Endogenous iNOS, which is activated by NF-kappaB via IKKbeta, provides partial protection from apoptosis...
- A pathogenic role for JNK signaling in experimental anti-GBM glomerulonephritisR S Flanc
Department of Nephrology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Kidney Int 72:698-708. 2007..These studies suggest that JNK signaling promotes renal injury in acute and progressive rat anti-GBM disease. JNK inhibitors may be a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of human glomerulonephritis...