Affiliation: Siemens Medical Solutions
- Analytical evaluation of the signal and noise propagation in x-ray differential phase-contrast computed tomographyRainer Raupach
Siemens AG Healthcare Sector, H IM CT R and D PA, Siemensstrasse 1, D 91301 Forchheim, Germany
Phys Med Biol 56:2219-44. 2011..This effect causes a collapse of information propagation for low signals which limits the applicability of phase-contrast imaging at low dose...
- Performance evaluation of x-ray differential phase contrast computed tomography (PCT) with respect to medical imagingRainer Raupach
Siemens Healthcare Computed Tomography Siemensstr 1, 91301 Forchheim, Germany
Med Phys 39:4761-74. 2012..To evaluate the maximum performance gain that can theoretically be achieved with differential phase contrast computed tomography (PCT) compared with absorption-based CT, applied to in vivo medical imaging...
- First performance evaluation of a dual-source CT (DSCT) systemThomas G Flohr
Siemens Medical Solutions, Computed Tomography CTE PA, Siemensstr 1, 91301, Forchheim, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:256-68. 2006..As a potential application of the dual-energy acquisition mode, the automatic separation of bones and iodine-filled vessels is demonstrated...
- Cardiac CT: how much can temporal resolution, spatial resolution, and volume coverage be improved?Thomas G Flohr
Siemens Healthcare, CT PLM E PA, Forchheim, Germany
J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 3:143-52. 2009..In this article, we review the current status and discuss potential further improvements and limitations of system parameters relevant for cardiac CT, in particular spatial resolution, temporal resolution, and volume coverage...
- Pushing the envelope: new computed tomography techniques for cardiothoracic imagingThomas G Flohr
Siemens Healthcare, Computed Tomography Division, Forchheim, Germany
J Thorac Imaging 25:100-11. 2010....
- Spatial domain filtering for fast modification of the tradeoff between image sharpness and pixel noise in computed tomographyStefan Schaller
Siemens AG, Medical Solutions, Computed Tomography Division, Siemensstr 1, 91301 Forchheim, Germany
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 22:846-53. 2003..Due to efficient implementation, interactive modification of the filter settings becomes possible, which can completely replace the variety of different reconstruction kernels...