Affiliation: Siemens Medical Solutions
- Practical approaches to the evaluation of signal-to-noise ratio performance with parallel imaging: application with cardiac imaging and a 32-channel cardiac coilScott B Reeder
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Magn Reson Med 54:748-54. 2005..With this acceleration, a cardiac function study consisting of 6 image planes (3 short-axis views, 3 long-axis views) was obtained in an 18-heartbeat breath-hold...
- Characterization of a calcified intra-cardiac pseudocyst of the mitral valve by magnetic resonance imaging including T1 and T2 mappingUrsula Reiter
Division of General Radiology, Department of Radiology, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 9 P, Graz A 8036, Austria
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 14:11. 2014..Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging has emerged as modality of choice for non-invasive characterization of cardiac masses...
- Variability and homogeneity of cardiovascular magnetic resonance myocardial T2-mapping in volunteers compared to patients with edemaRalf Wassmuth
Department of Cardiology and Nephrology, Working Group Cardiac MRI, Humboldt University Berlin, Charite Campus Buch Experimental and Clinical Research Center and HELIOS Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:27. 2013..Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) T2-mapping has potential for the detection and quantification of myocardial edema. Clinical experience is limited so far. The variability and potential pitfalls in broad application are unknown...
- Correction with blood T1 is essential when measuring post-contrast myocardial T1 value in patients with acute myocardial infarctionEui Young Choi
Division of Cardiology, Heart Center, Gangnam Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:11. 2013..In this study, we investigated the changes of the T1 values according to multiple slicing over scanning time at 15 minutes after contrast injection and usefulness of blood T1 correction...
- Shortened Modified Look-Locker Inversion recovery (ShMOLLI) for clinical myocardial T1-mapping at 1.5 and 3 T within a 9 heartbeat breathholdStefan K Piechnik
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:69. 2010..In this work we propose and validate a novel, clinically applicable, pulse sequence for myocardial T1-mapping that is compatible with typical limits for end-expiration breath-holding in patients...
- Aortic valve stenotic area calculation from phase contrast cardiovascular magnetic resonance: the importance of short echo timeKieran R O'Brien
Auckland Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:49. 2009..This study investigated the effect of decreasing intra-voxel dephasing by reducing the echo time (TE) on AVA estimates in patients with AS...
- Improved cardiac sodium MR imaging by density-weighted phase-encodingAndreas Greiser
Department of Biophysics, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 21:78-81. 2005..A simulation demonstrates substantially reduced blood contamination in the myocardium...
- Reproducibility of manual and semi-automated late enhancement quantification in patients with Fabry diseaseWolfram Machann
Institute of Radiology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Acta Radiol 55:155-60. 2014..Late enhancement (LE) imaging is increasingly used for diagnosis of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. However, the mostly patchy appearance of LE in this context may reduce the reproducibility of LE measurement...
- Efficient k-space sampling by density-weighted phase-encodingAndreas Greiser
University of Wurzburg, Department of Biophysics, Wurzburg, Germany
Magn Reson Med 50:1266-75. 2003..Density-weighted (31)P 3D chemical shift imaging of the human heart is shown which demonstrates the superior performance of density-weighted metabolic imaging...
- Single- or dual-bolus approach for the assessment of myocardial perfusion reserve in quantitative MR perfusion imagingWolfgang Utz
Franz Volhard Klinik, Charite Campus Buch, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin at the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Magn Reson Med 59:1373-7. 2008..For the dual bolus approach a significant relative decrease of 30% (P<0.001) was found for the coefficient of segmental MPR variation, which may allow a more reliable detection of hypoperfused segments in clinical studies...
- Optimization and validation of a fully-integrated pulse sequence for modified look-locker inversion-recovery (MOLLI) T1 mapping of the heartDaniel R Messroghli
Cardiac MRI Unit, Franz Volhard Klinik, Charite Campus Buch, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1081-6. 2007..To optimize and validate a fully-integrated version of modified Look-Locker inversion-recovery (MOLLI) for clinical single-breathhold cardiac T1 mapping...
- Optimization of blood-myocardial contrast in 3D true FISP cardiac imaging at 1.5 TPetros Martirosian
Section on Experimental Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Magn Reson Med 57:213-9. 2007..The optimized 3D True-FISP sequence provides a reliable, accurate, and time-efficient means of obtaining a morphological cardiac diagnosis...