- The provision of mental health treatment after screening: exploring the relationship between treatment setting and treatment intensityBrian Shiner
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction VT, USA National Center for Patient Safety Field Office, White River Junction VT, USA New England Veterans Engineering Resource Center, Boston MA, USA Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover NH, USA Electronic address
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 36:581-8. 2014..Our objective was to characterize the cascade of care delivery steps following a positive screen for a mental health disorder...
- Measuring use of evidence based psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorderBrian Shiner
VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 40:311-8. 2013..Evidence-based psychotherapies appear to be infrequently utilized in VHA outpatient PTSD clinics in New England. Our method could support efforts to improve use of these treatments...
- Comparing the stability of diagnosis in full vs. partial posttraumatic stress disorderBrian Shiner
VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:520-5. 2012..Mental health treatments delivered to the two groups were similar. These diagnoses appear to be different, suggesting that people with partial PTSD may benefit from a different clinical approach...
- Sensitivity of the SF-36 to PTSD symptom change in veteransBrian Shiner
White River Junction VA Medical Center 11Q, 215 North Main Street, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Trauma Stress 24:111-5. 2011..Moreover, these changes in functioning were clinically significant on several SF-36 subscales and on one summary scale...
- Does the Veterans Affairs depression performance measure predict quality care?Brian Shiner
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center, White River Junction, Vermont, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:170-7. 2011..The VA depression performance measure was compared with an empirically validated model for assessing adherence to important depression treatment processes...
- Usefulness of symptom feedback to providers in an integrated primary care--mental health care clinicLisa Zubkoff
White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center WRJ VAMC, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:91-3. 2012..Measurement-based care has been endorsed but not embraced in mental health settings. There is currently little guidance regarding the best methods to implement measurement-based care...
- Use of discrete event simulation to improve a mental health clinicBo Kim
New England Veterans Engineering Resource Center, Boston MA, USA Electronic address
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:668-70. 2013..To improve clinic design, trial-and-error is commonly used to discover strategies that lead to improvement. Our goal was to predict the effects of various changes before undertaking them...
- RESPECT-PTSD: re-engineering systems for the primary care treatment of PTSD, a randomized controlled trialPaula P Schnurr
National Center for PTSD, VAMC, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:32-40. 2013..Although collaborative care is effective for treating depression and other mental disorders in primary care, there have been no randomized trials of collaborative care specifically for patients with Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Access to VA services for returning veterans with PTSDBrian Shiner
VA Medical Center, 215 Main Street, 11Q, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Mil Med 177:814-22. 2012....
- Examination of the effectiveness of the Mental Health Environment of Care Checklist in reducing suicide on inpatient mental health unitsBradley V Watts
VA National Center for Patient Safety, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:588-92. 2012..Many methods have been proposed, but no interventions have been tested...
- The White River model of colocated collaborative care: A platform for mental and behavioral health care in the medical homeAndrew S Pomerantz
White River Junction VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
Fam Syst Health 28:114-29. 2010..Originally developed in a capitated health care system, adherence to general principles that guided its development may be useful in any system of care...
- Clinicians' Perception of Patient Readiness for Treatment: An Emerging Theme in Implementation Science?Lisa Zubkoff
White River Junction VA Medical Center, 215 N Main Street 10A4B1, White River Junction, VT, 05009, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 43:250-8. 2016..Clinician perception of patient readiness may be important to the uptake of EBPs and should be considered in mental health implementation work. ..
- Epidemiology and prevention of combat-related post-traumatic stress in OEF/OIF/OND service membersBarbara A Hermann
National Center for PTSD, VA Medical Center 116D, 215 North Main Street, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Mil Med 177:1-6. 2012..Our findings indicate that while research into the prevalence and consequences of PTSD in the Iraq and Afghanistan cohort has been significant, relatively little is known about the effectiveness of approaches designed to prevent it...
- Outcomes of a quality improvement project integrating mental health into primary careBradley V Watts
Outcomes REAP, White River Junction VAMC, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 16:378-81. 2007..This study examined the effectiveness of a quality improvement project improving access to mental healthcare in a large primary care clinic...
- Supplier-induced demand for psychiatric admissions in Northern New EnglandBradley V Watts
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, VA Medical Center, 215 North Main Street, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
BMC Psychiatry 11:146. 2011..Our secondary hypothesis was that the construction of psychiatric HSAs (PHSAs) would yield more meaningful results than the use of existing general medical hospital service areas...
- Strategies to improve compensation and pension timeliness: lessons learned from high-performing facilitiesBelinda V Luk
VA New England Healthcare Engineering Partnership, White River Junction Field Office, 215 North Main Street, 11Q, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Mil Med 175:978-82. 2010..Distillation of these characteristics provides guidance to other VHA facilities seeking to improve their C&P timeliness...
- A Meta-Analysis of Depressive Symptom Outcomes in Randomized, Controlled Trials for PTSDJulia McDougal Ronconi
White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH and VA National Center for Patient Safety, White River Junction, VT
J Nerv Ment Dis 203:522-9. 2015..Evidence-based PTSD treatments are effective for comorbid depressive symptoms. Existing PTSD treatments work as well for comorbid depressive symptoms as they do for PTSD symptoms. ..
- Health systems engineering fellowship: curriculum and program developmentBradley V Watts
New England Veterans Engineering Resource Center, White River Junction, VT VA National Center for Patient Safety, White River Junction, VT Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, White River Junction, VT
Am J Med Qual 30:161-6. 2015..Challenges faced in developing the fellowship are discussed. Advanced educational opportunities in applied HSE have the potential to develop the workforce capacity needed to improve the quality of health care. ..
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria in randomized controlled trials of psychotherapy for PTSDJulia M Ronconi
RONCONI White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT SHINER White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH WATTS Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and VA National Center for Patient Safety, White River Junction, VT
J Psychiatr Pract 20:25-37. 2014..Therefore, our objective was to better understand how patients were excluded from such RCTs in order to provide guidance to clinicians regarding clinical populations likely to benefit from these treatments...